Advantages of friends with benefits over relationships?

To me, friends with benefits means there's no fear of committing to the wrong person, and you keep your options open.
I wouldn't get into a relationship unless I'm absolutely certain I want this woman with a view to marriage one day.

What's your take and what do you prefer?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most rekationshios don't result in marruage and until you are married you're options are open. That's what a rekationship is. Teying things out to see if you want to be together. You can check out at any time.

in my opinion there's no difference between. A friends with benefits and a rekationship exceot the title. People make way too big a deal out of the word rekationshio.

You may find even the woman you thought you wanted to marry turns out not to be for you... When you break yo will you call that rekationship a friends with benefits ir a relationship? Since it was a rekationship that did not lead to marruage as you say is the onky reason for rekationship... Dies that lower the status in retrospect to a fwb?

Point being if you're not in a life commitment it's all just different versions of trying things out to see how it goes.

I dint dare around so I gave no reason to be in a friends with benefits bc I dint feel any stress in being with one oerson nor would I ever be choosing between more than one prrsin at a time... And that's a relationship seeing if that's who you'll choose. I dint date around I akso have no problem breaking up if things don't work.

You can break up whenever you want so I don't see this whole need fir subset of rekationship.

What Girls Said 2

• Being in a friends with benefits situation for the second time in my life, I've gotta say I enjoy the freedom. I will only sleep with someone I trust and know at least a little bit... as in, I can trust them not to hide an std or whatever. But I like knowing that I can feel good without having to worry about making him happy outside of bed. In my opinion, for my age and situation, its a good deal.

• Well that makes sense. That's entirely different than worrying about committing to the wrong person... It's just not wanting to be bothered with any more than you want to be bothered with lol

• Well I've been married, divorced, and engaged two more times. I've got two kids. I'm not looking for another forever relationship. If its meant to be, it'll happen.

• I don't think there is anything wrong with have a friend with benefits. It's all in good fun. Who wants to committing to all the wrong people only to end up hurt? I'd rather be with someone with no commitment, no strings attached, until I was absolutely sure of what I want and absolutely sure of who I want. Sounds like a safer bet to me! :D

What Guys Said 4

• I've never had a friends with benefits before but the way I look at it , it's the next upgrade from a fleshlight lol
    i.kinja-img.com/.../18mmempgu63gtjpg.jpg

• Both parties get sex without the stress that accompanies a relationship.

• Sex without drama

• Drama is caused by people not titles. If there is going to be drama with a person a title won't prevent it. If the person is not dramatic the title won't cause it.

• No commitment, can have multiple friends with benefits , smaller risk of being with the wrong one,