What should I expect for my first visit to the guy I'm hoping will become my boyfriend?

We met in high school and recently reconnected. We established that we liked each other in high school. We have been talking for a few weeks and I'm pretty sure we are interested in one another. We have scheduled a visit for Valentine's weekend (coincidentally). I really want to know what the expectation will be for this visit? Will he be expecting me to sleep with him? Is he planning to turn this into a relationship? Am I supposed to get him a Valentine's gift? I want to sleep with him, but at the same time I don't want him to get the wrong impression about me. I also don't want to offend him by not being on the same page about all this. Not sure how to handle this and too afraid to ask him!

Most Helpful Guy

• Will he be expecting me to sleep with him?
    **Most likely not... you guys are meeting up and he'll be trying to show you that he's interested in you so sex will most likely be off the table.

Is he planning to turn this into a relationship?
    **Only time can tell, see how well you guys get along and if you're on the same page.

Am I supposed to get him a Valentine's gift?
    **This is a first meeting (after a long time) no reason to complicate it and give off a serious impression by giving him a gift on Valentine's day.

I want to sleep with him, but at the same time I don't want him to get the wrong impression about me.
    **It's fine to want to sleep with him and he'll most likely feel the same but, it's better to wait it out for a while. I'm not saying all guys or even him is like this but some guys lose interest if they get sex too fast. Personally the chase is fun, it keeps things interesting as long as it doesn't go for an excessive amount of time. When you play hard to get with a guy (sexually speaking) you make him impress you and actually get to know you meanwhile.

What Guys Said 1

• Well I'll bet that this guy doesn't know what to expect either and is just gonna find out when he gets there. Us guys aren't really on top of things. Especially in a relationship. So I would think that whatever you want to happen he will be all for... Especially if it leads to getting close with you because that's why he would be willing to do this in the first place

What Girls Said 0