How often would call someone in a LDR?

If your starting a LDR (dating) how often would /should you call each other?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, this varies between couples. Were you dating before it became long distance (like high school sweethearts now going off to college) or is this how the entire relationship starts (met someone online who lives far away).
    If you are starting a new relationship then you have to take it slowly. The answer for some couples would be "talk everyday," but if you're just starting out that might be a little much, lol.
    It also depends on your schedules. I once dated this guy (actually, we weren't even in a relationship, we went on 2 dates, but that's another story lol) and he got mad at me because I wouldn't call him. Well, he worked during the day and I had classes at night. When I finished classes I did homework and was tired. I physically wasn't able to talk to him on the phone on weekdays.
    So that's why it varies per couple. Some people would say text every day, but some people aren't able to text while at work (teachers can't be texting you during school hours, they're teaching!). So for some couples it's better to call each other at night. For some they will text every day and then video chat on weekends. Someone who works or is super busy on weekends won't be able to set up a video chat.
    One of the reasons LDRs fail is simply because it's hard to figure out when to talk! So this is definitely something that you have to work through with your partner.

What Girls Said 13

• I think you SHOULD call every day. Does this mean that in MY LDR that we talk on the phone every day? No. And it's actually the one point of contention in my relationship, but I deal. We used to talk every night when we first made the transition but now we're heading up on 3 years into the LDR (almost 4 years into the relationship) and we don't talk every night anymore. We text daily, and still are in contact, but I prefer phone conversations to texting.

It's easier for him though if we don't have phone calls. They cut into his sleep apparently. Although, when you have class all day in addition to swim practice at 4-6 am and 7-9 pm every day I guess you need your sleep and phone calls at 10 pm are difficult to do along with homework, class, and swimming.

• I could not make that work...

• It takes a lot of patience and understanding. So it's very difficult. But...8 weeks. Then I get to see him for 4 days. Haven't seen him since December 27.

• My boyfriend is away in college and he calls me almost every night. I never call him simply because I never know if he is busy or not and dont want to bug him if he is. But I miss him like crazy and phone calls are defiantly a huge thing in a LDR

• I am not in a LDR but I call my boyfriend at least once a day, usually more, and we Skype almost every night, even though we see each other 2-3 times a week. I think if you are in a LDR you need to Skype or call each other almost every day, and if that isn't possible at least 5 days a week. Make time for each other the same way you would if it wasn't a LDR.

• Every day.. Or close to it

• Every time you feel that you want to. Its all up to you guys, If you're too busy to call every day your SO should understand. But you also need to remember the less you talk the more you find out that they kind of move on (from experience)

• Everyday. Even if your not calling you should talk everyday (text or video chat).

• u should at least talk everyday call, text + c each other a lot.

• I'm confused what is a LDR? I keep seeing this.

• Start using urban dictionary for terms you don't understand lol.

But LDR means long distance realtionship.

• call everyday , and Skype often and text few times a day. :')

• Every second day, but text every morning and night.

• About twice a week if it's a new relationship, everyday if it's a long term relationship.

• Calling can be an irritating interruption or a blessed appointment when relaxed
    Best is email - that is allowed to sit, wait until thoughtful interaction becomes available... also letters
    Texting is less invasive than calling but again - needs to be corralled into a mutual time frame to prevent stress/obligation, anything that saps the romance portion

• Never... that shit doesn't work pack it in and find someone clear by that you actually get to see

What Guys Said 12

• With the advent of videocamera drones, I'd argue that if you are less than 100 miles away you should make a point of it to fly to each other on the weekends and Skype via the most creative medium the 21st century can offer.

Bonus: the drone can carry gifts, a letter or a bottle of raspberry juice

• On the daily if I can unless I'm stranded in some weird place again.

• i believe every day, unless one of you gets annoyed by it... then slow down the frequency of calls.

• The girl I'm seeing is on the other side of the world. I adjusted my work schedule to wake up an hour earlier and get home an hour earlier, but she still stays up until midnight her time to Skype.

We're now into our fourth month of doing this.

We text every day, if absolutely nothing else. Communication is crucial to a long-distance relationship.

• I would think it's every day.

• Once, maybe twice a year.

• Every day literally.

• I would suggest talking everyday. Even if its just small talk.

• Everyday... thrice.

• At least every other day in my opinion or at least text.

• I'm in a sort of LDR at the moment... we try communicating very couple of days. but she's busy at the moment so we haven't spoken quite as often.

• As often as possible as that is the ONLY way it will work.