Loving two people at the same time?

Can someone be in love with two people at the same time or would it just be infatuation?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all about definition; however, "in love" is am extremely loaded statement - so let's put it this way-

"Can someone have two options and in theory have a successful relationship with either choice?"

The answer would be yes - we have many compatible partners and just as we may care or love many people in our family the same is true outside our family.

That's why being in the decision to choose can be so difficult.

My advice: if you are trying to choose and you make that choice treat it as cutting the other choice off completely or you may continually find yourself looking back and sabotaging yourself. (If you try to catch both you'll lose both)

What Guys Said 3

• It's either infatuation or polyamorous.

• I was in love with two beautiful young women once. The first one I had loved for some time, and during that time it was a heartbroken love. We were very close and had hurt each other deeply, yet I still loved her. The other woman I loved because of her selfless love towards me, supporting me through the separation into a quick relationship between us before we realised we were unsuited for each other.

I believe I was in love with both of them, in very real and very different ways, I can't explain it much better I'm sorry.

• It is pure infatuation.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you can find reasons to love two people at once but you can only feel truly in love with one person. Because when you're truly in love with someone you wouldn't want to give your love to anyone else.