Completely ignored me... then a month later I hear from him again!! Should I even respond?

So I was talking to this guy. I knew him from high school. He always seemed like he was interested and I was bored. We ended up hooking up but it didn't seem like a one time thing and I started to like him. I knew he had a girlfriend before we started talking but they had broken up before we started to talk. Well to make a long story short we entertained the whole thing for a little while and then all of a sudden he acts distant. I happen to have mutual friends with his "ex" girlfriend and I saw a picture of them together again. When I confronted him about it he never responded! Fast forward a month later... he sends me a text apologizing. He never said a word to me in between. No happy birthday... no merry Christmas... nothing. Yet he apologizes to me a month later. WHY? I responded in anger but today I feel kind of bad because he didn't need to ever respond to me again. I am also curious as to why someone would apologize out of the blue...

Another reason why I was wondering about this is because I was thinking of applying to a job where he works but I don't want it to be super awkward. I am truly only applying because the pay is great and it is directly related to my career path.

Most Helpful Guy

• This seems fairly cut and dry unless of course he has a REALLY good excuse for ignoring you for a month. It seems like he had a shot and blew it. In my opinion he would need a very solid reason to deserve another chance after pulling something like that. I would forgive him but I would strongly advise against anything more than being civil. I'd prefer not to even be friends with someone that is going to ignore me like that.

What Guys Said 1

• He got desperate.

• that is a fair assessment... but that is a new level of desperate. He had to have know I would have been mad.

• He probably contacted you knowing the situation was hopeless but still hoping for the best. Some people don't even make the effort to patch things up or at least wish you happy birthday/xmas/new year. I don't know what they expect, idiots. lol

What Girls Said 3

• Don't even bother. You started this relationship off toxic, and he obviously is just out to get whatever he wants. Toxic, toxic, toxic.

• Say nothing. Block and move on. Don't be his plaything that he pulls out of his pocket.

• Maybe they broke up again or are having problems