21 year old guy and 17 year old girl?

What do you guys think of this combo?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally see nothing wrong with it but he should wait til she's 18 before he has sex with her. Most guys at 21 want to go out partying and drinking and don't really want to waste their time with girls in high school but if two people really want to be together they should be together. 4 years isn't a big age gap.

He needs to be respectful of her personal boundaries though and not be just trying to get in her pants.

What Guys Said 10

• Seems like this guys can't get a girl his own age. Or likes to dominate the relationship, I love how girls in this situation are like "I'm not being brainwashed or anything, I can think for myself" uh, no you can't. Teenage girls are arguably the dumbest and most naive people on earth.

• Lol not offensive at all but your honest and I can agree to an extent

• I'm not an "easy" mark... and yea I do know how guys are. I spent 3 years in boarding school living with them 24 hours a day

• @BaileyJansen When Father Time teaches, you better take notes...

• Great gig for the guy. He gets to control the relationship and get some tight, naïve tail.

Bad for the girl. She'll be taken advantage of and walked all over.

• It's possible yeah but not necessarily. What if the girls a virgin and knows she's going to wait and isn't stupidly naive because she's a guys girl?

• @ComDom

I'm not generally so pessimistic, but let's be real here. 99.99% of the time a 21 year old guy is with a 17 year old girl, it isn't because he simply just cares about her.

• @rthomas43 fair enough. A girl should definitely be careful in that circumstance but it is possible that an older guy could care for her.

• An age gap of just 4 years isn't too big. I think it's acceptable. However, maybe it'd be wise to wait for the girl turn into 18, it'll be legally safer and he won't wait much.

• one word... LEGAL

• It's really limit.

• I say go for it, he can get you alcohol!

• I think he's going to jail.

• Sounds hot. am i the guy and you the girl?

• Legal here where I live butttt, I'd question the morality of it

• Why the morality?

• Oh hm well that's your opinion and I respect that but I'd rather have some experience because I know I can be silly in love rather get the stupidity out of the way now.

• Well, be careful what you wish for

• Umh.. No. Sorry I do not like this combo.

What Girls Said 9

• I am 18 and dated a 22 year old... I didn't find it bad at allllllll! (We were dating when I was 17 and he was 21 too). I loved it! He was a man and he knew what he wanted and he went after it. Of course, he was a gentleman and didn't try to pull any shit on me. Yes, you do have to be careful with some guys, but the right one will be respect you no matter what. I loved the age difference. The only reason we broke up was because he was moving a few thousand miles away and I was about to start college and we both wanted a clean slate.

• Thank you for your support it's a breath of fresh air not to be bashed for my personal preference.

• Anytime! You do you girl!

• At this phase in life the age gap seems much larger because he is probably in College
    and you are still in Highschool.
    He can vote, he can drink, he can get into bars/clubs. (there's so much things legally he can do, that you still need time to for)
    As you grow older, the age gap will appear to be smaller (although still the same).
    Because you would have caught up to each other from a emotional stand point.
    After a while, people will ask "What age difference?"
    Because 4 years isn't much.

• I think once you turn 18... go for it. :)

• I think nothing of it. I don't find it unusual.

• I think that they girl will get pressured into doing things she might not be ready for. The girl will also most likely get walked all over and the guy will ultimately have all the control in the relationship.

• It's illegal.

• Totally normal

• Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't get super serious until both are over 18

• It's fine my bf is almost 21 I'm 16 in March age doesn't matter