Guys: What kind of an impression do you get when the girl runs after you?

What kind of an impression do you get when the girl runs after u, to try to go out on date with u? what does it leave you thinking?

please provide details as well- don't just answer the poll

thanks :)

• She's desperate
  • She's confident/ egotistical
  • She's not good girlfriend material because if she ran after u, she could run after another hot guy
  • All of the above
  • None of the above

Most Helpful Guy

• None of the above.

Most guys are very uncomfortable with an aggressive girl because well it doesn't happen much. Guys like the chaise you are more likely to lose him if you chaise him. Anyhow if he likes you there won't be any chasing going on. You caught him. Guys do not like pressure from women they like control. If a girl chases me she better be attractive and even at that time she may freak me out. Its uncharted water for men and you don't want a guy to feel uncomfortable he will run and no matter of chasing will catch him. Show your interest let him know you like him but don't jump him. Also by chasing a guy you are giving up all your power and well it comes off desperate sometimes. Its the same thing as if you start dating a guy and you bugga boo him it's not fun.

• Woulden't that be desperation then? haha bugga boo....that's such a black word.

• What I see is most of these guys commenting will never experience this so they really don't have anything to base it off of except for what they think they would do but most of them would freeze of and feel uncomfortable. I on the other hand this happens a lot its kinda annoying I am bored by girls that want to jump on me. Honestly I if I chase a girl and she is too easy of a catch no matter how beautiful she is well... Bored. I need a woman that has some moxie

What Guys Said 17

• I love how you've framed this question.

It's almost as if, in your own mind, you've convinced yourself that there's something inherently wrong with a girl initiating and maintaining and interaction with a guy. Your "language" is a dead give-away of how you feel on this matter.

"chase"? Initiating and maintaining an interaction is not chasing, nor is it desperate; unless you think that honest displays of interest in the other person are desperate. In that case, in an attempt to not seem desperate, why not just pretend you're not interested in anyone at all? I'm sure someone with ESP will eventually find you interesting, and swallow their own dignity and pride to show you how much they are interested in you despite your repeated lack of interest or signs of disinterest in him. After that, your prince will carry you on his white stallion back to his 44 acre castle where you will both live happily ever after.

What is up with answer C? Presupposition? Are you presupposing that the only reason she would initiate and maintain an interaction is because the guy is hot? I hope not. It's flattering, but I think the real reason a guy would lose interest in that case is not because she took charge, but because the only thing she's interested in is how he looks. And he would be afraid that he could lose her to some better looking guy, so to protect himself emotionally, he would never get too attached and will start to lose interest.

Notice how most guys answered either B or C, and how girls have basically made the percentages meaningless, because they don't capture the male opinion on this. I'm sure more guys (based on what's being said) would have voted for B if you hadn't again messed it up with the inclusion of "egotistical". No, she's confident; period.

Your question is a window to your inner psychology. The real reason you asked the question this way is to affirm and justify to yourself that.. "hey, it's okay if I just sit back and wait for the guy to make the move, because I framed a poll with nothing but negative answers, and everyone affirmed that it's negative for a girl to make a move" (F- for fantastic in logic)

And the reason behind doing that, is because you are unhappy with yourself. You have some common, natural human insecurities, about the way you look, about the kind of person you are, about how much value you could add to a man's life, why someone would want you, why someone would want to be with you? That you want to create a set of dating "rules", and back them up with a pseudo-justification for men to comply to, in order to comfort those insecurities of yours, and validate your self-esteem.

This will no doubt have the effect of leaving you either (1) very lonely, or (2) constantly involved with the wrong guys (which know those rules and their way around them all too well; but are interested in only one thing)

Most men who are worth it (long-term relationship wise), may (1) never even notice you, and (2) never approach you.

• A girl "targeting" me and taking action to acquire her target sends a strong message of confidence and emotional maturity to me, and I find that quite attractive. This assumes that she's not, like, peering at me from behind trees and stalking me or anything.

I totally disagree with the idea that all guys like the chase. Though I'm fine with making the first move in the traditional way, there's always a feeling of "When I'm interested I go up and put my heart on the line. If she's interested in me, why is she just sitting there?" But if she's willing to put her own heart on the line like that, then that implies she's willing to meet me halfway in the relationship, which bodes well for its stability.

I voted B, even though "egotistical" cancels out all the positive implications of "confident."

• i kinda like it. its the same as a guy chasing a girl, don't girls kinda like that(guys are human to). I guess it boosts my ego when I know a girl if after me or has a thing for me and is always flirting with me. ti shows me she is confident and knows what she wants.

• I would find the girl confident. There's nothing wrong with someone willing to go after what they feel is worthwhile. Be it someone attractive or something shiny.

• I picked B..

But it really depends on the situation. If I happen to like her back, I will feel flattered, and I'll be happy for a change.. that she's chasing me.. and making the first move for once.

If it's a girl that I don't like though.. I might feel really uncomfortable.

• my girl chased after me and it was refreshing, rewarding and completely unexpected because it's never happened before and I totally loved it. And because she ran after me, I have zero insecurities with her and I totally trust her. I don't have to worry about feeling like things are one-sided or me being more interested than her and she completely wows me everday. You need a positive answer to your poll because what you have now doesn't give the answer I would give you.

• Option E. None of the above.

Well, if a girl runs after me, it only means that she likes me & wants me as her partner. I am straightforward & not a player. I would welcome her.

• Plus, why can't a girl run after a guy, if a guy can run after a girl ?

• it depends on the situation,

Like if a stripper ran after me I'd think of course she wouldn't be a good girlfriend.

But if the girl is normal then I don't think it would be a big issue if I liked her.

• well there is a difference between run and follow

i certainly wouldn't want a girl running after me, makes me think she just wants sex

now if a girl likes me and wants me to notice her is different

• I hate it how other guys think girls are desperate just because they make the first move.

• Dude, those were two girls who made guy accounts just to vote on that question.. lol

• Well thank god you don't think so, I'm trying to go after the guy I like but I don't wanna seem desperate

• Good answer dude !

• id be more interested in her if she went after me than ignoring me and expecting me to chase her.

my current Girlfriend chased after me and well I'm now in the happiest relationship of my life and very much I love with her

• I'm flattered, and maybe even a little giddy. :)

• i would welcome such a response if I was interested in her. so long as she doesn't go overboard with it.

• when girls come after me it shows that they are interested and that there is a good chance of a future.

• I'll be happy if she makes the first move, especially if I was seeing her as a suspected love partner, and I think girls and women like that know what they are doing, and are getting appreciation from my side as well even before they make their moves towards me... btw it all that does not apply to all guys, girls that chase dumb, rich or bad guys are running after them for something they need, but ones that are running after shy, nice and intelligent guys do know what they want and what to choose.

simply, when she involves herself in the chasing scene with me I start to feel more comfortable because I see all brave and strong women as suspected girlfriend material, and she will make me think oh yeah so it's not only me that thinks we should be together, she thinks that too!

the third situation is when she is chasing a guy because she thinks he is the best amongst the local herd, and she has a bad image about the other guys so she chose this great one and she doesn't want him to go for another, usually when it's like this situation that girl is seeking long-term serious stuff and is bored of childish games, wants to be serious. If it was like that, I'll enjoy it more, I hope it happens to me myself but at the right time.

• If she's literally running after me than all I'm thinking is she works for immigration and I am going to run my butt off, literally. And man do I have a huge butt to run off if you know what I mean.

Seriously, if the girl is doing the chasing then I'm the one that doesn't have to do any of the heavy lifting such as figuring out where to take her out or what to say to her. The easy part is over she likes me enough to want to be around me so now all I would have to do is enjoy her company and figure out if she's worth hanging around.

• i love you

What Girls Said 2

• It all depends on why she was running after you. LOL

• Maybe she just likes you and doesn't feel like waiting for you to ask. Carpe Diem!