Why do I always stop liking someone once they get close?

I've never been in a serious relationship, people have told me I'm afraid of commitment & I'm starting to think it's true but I don't know why.

Whenever me & a guy plan to date I back out & just look at him & see everything bad, then I stop liking him. I want a relationship, but I just don't know how to overcome this. Anyone have this issue?

Most Helpful Guy

• You probably just haven't found a dude yet that has challenged you (most guy are so weak these days) - it sounds like the guys have wanted you so easily that you don't care about them. Eventually you will meet a dude and who knows - maybe he'll be the one not interested in you.

What Guys Said 1

• U r not serious or afraid of sex...:/

What Girls Said 1

• hmm, well... i get the same feelings and for me, i know it's because of my past. I'm extremely guarded and I'm terrified of getting hurt. letting people in is one of the most difficult things for me to do. in the past, most of the time id let people in, i was taken advantage of, in horrible ways. not just in relationships, but with 'friends' too.

maybe u have trust issues? i feel like ur not afraid of commitment, but ur afraid of being hurt. the only advice i can give u is to be extremely careful with who ur dating. if u have doubts or feel you'd regret letting him in, then dont do it, but once u have that connection and find urself feeling really comfortable, just go with it girl, and see where it takes u. guys who open up are the best in this case because it shows me that he's willing to put himself out there too.