Would you be upset?

If your girlfriend or boyfriend talked to the opposite sex via the internet? How would you feel about guys or girls leaving him flirty comments on MySpace or Facebook for all to see? Do you consider this a form of cheating if they are talking on messenger to the opposite sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• its not cheating, but it could very well lead to that path. And unfortunetly if you obsess and pester him about it, it will likely lead down that path. You have to respect his right to talk to other girls, but he needs to respect your feelings too. Its a tough balancing act. But if he hangs out with this girl too and alone, be worried. Tell him you want to hang out with her too when they are together. If it is strictly internet...then he just needs a little pick me up from the opposite sex and I wouldn't worry too much. But just don't harp on him about it or else he WILL do it.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd be upset if they thought for one single second that I didn't trust them enough to do the right thing by me.

No, communicating via Facebook, MySpace, IM, text, phone or (gasp) face to face to people isn't cheating. Well, maybe in Afghanistan.

Flirty stuff posted on their Facebook or MySpace? Congratulations, other people think you're on to a Good Thing.

• No he is not cheating unless he is having intimate conversation with them. Flirting is flirting everyone does it it is how some people communicate they can't help it. I know a lot of people are hurt more deeply by there other having a connection with someone and not as bad about then physical sex. It all depends on what he is saying back. Cheating with the mind is always worse the cheating physically.

• Definitely not a problem if they keep it casual and friendly. It's not cheating by a long shot. If they get into deep, intimate conversations and spend hours talking online every day theeeeen you have a problem.

I wouldn't like flirty messages on Facebook or MySpace, but it really depends what was said. I'd have enough trust and confidence in my girl to know that she'd shoot them down or ignore it.

• I think I would be ok with it. It depends on what was said, status of your relationship, her personality, ect ect ect.

Now if it was really personal and descriptive like this link , then I believe that would be a deal breaker

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend talks to girls over msn, I once read some of his saved conversations with a close female friend of his and they were very flirty. Yes that made me very upset. He's never saved a conversation since then :S Personally, I can't really trust my boyfriend. We can't really stop our partners from talking to the opposite sex over the internet though because most if not all of what goes on is completely innocent.

In your case, no its not cheating but be wary - things can happen.

Goodluck! x

• i don't think talking to people of the opposite sex whether it be over the internet, phone or face to face whilst in s relationship is wrong, he can't make you the ONLY girl he talks to. it's wrong on the girls part if they know that he's in a relationship and continue to flirt with him but if he isn't encouraging it I don't really see anything wrong.

• I have been in this position... My ex was doing this and it imposed a problem... he spent hours and hours online... emailing them and telling them he loved them in emails which I stumbled upon... as well as text messages and phone sex... if he is just leaving flirty messages I wouldn't consider that cheating... if it got into more than that... BEWARE... AS per my personal experience... talking on messenger for hours and hours leads to much more... but if it is just a few min here and there for casual talk.. and he does not try to hide it when you are around or is very open to whom he is talking to... doesn't hide his messenger from you.. etc... you have nothing to worry about... but if he is extremely secretive of his emails... messenger... Facebook... MySpace... phone... etc... .those are the RED FLAGS... I hope this was of some assistance...