I started dating one of my very good guy friends back in June and now we aren't even talking what should I do?

I started dating a guy that I had been very good friends with for 5 years. We began dating in June. He didn't want anything serious but then on our first date we met each others children and on the second date he met my mom and step dad (HIS IDEA NOT MINE). We went out a few times and had gone out once a few years back. We talked online, through email, on the phone, and texting everyday but 3 weeks ago he called me things were great and that was the last time I have heard from him. He lives 40 miles away and has been working 12 to 16 hour shifts at work so I know he has been busy but the thing is he had been doing this before also and never had problems contacting me. I like him and care about him he's been one of my best guy friends for almost 6 years now. I emailed him once, called him a few times, and texted him once but other than that I have not contacted him. I don't want to seem clingy and overbearing but I'm afraid my standoffish approach isn't working either because he will think I'm not interested. I don't know how to be in a relationship all of the ones I've had in the past have ended because I was too standoffish and the guys didn't think I was interested. I'm not mad at him for the simple fact I don't have any feelings more than a friendship towards him but as a friend I think what is going on is pretty crappy of him. I just don't know what to do I don't want to ruin our friendship over this, that is more important to me than a relationship with him. I am at a loss at this point in time. I don't know if I should email him and tell him what I feel or just wait and see if he contacts me. Any advice?

What Guys Said 1

• I think that you should contact him and tell him how you feel.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, if you like the guy and don't wanna lose him then just contact him and tell him how you feel.

if telling him about your feelings would creep him out then maybe he's not orth your friendship either.

there is nothing better than knowing that someone out there likes you and think of you.

if you really like him then tell him about it, if he keeps ignoring you or avoiding you then just let go and move on.

cause that means that he doesn't care about the friendship you have and that sucks as well.

-but I just don't understand one thing, how come you ve been close friends for 6 years and you have just met the children and everything?

-another thing have you ever had sex or anything? or was it just those two dates without any romantic or sexual act?

-Is he dating anyone now?

maybe he freaked out once he found out that he likes you and decided to back off cause it might not work Or he could be one of those lame guys who (once attached) they dump you and move on to the next chick?