Thoughts on a dating site profile appearing online in a small town , wondering what people will think?

I live in a small town and fairly well known , dating has always been an issue and meet a lot of girls in person but also tried online dating. talked to a lot of local girls say during holiday break or summer but nothing really went anywhere.
town is sort of a rumour mill so some people might have assumed more was going on with some of the girls I talked to in public than really was. and not sure how putting a dating profile online will go over or how any of the girls I already know would react if they saw? are they going to assume I gave up on them? or that I'm trying to date other people from out of town? I just want to see whats out there but still interested in girls I known from real life just things haven't gone anywhere yet

Most Helpful Girl

• Tons of people use online dating now, you shouldn't worry about what others think. If you want to try it out go for it! Good luck :)

• I don't think anyone have an issue with me trying online dating in the sense just after trying to date other girls some might wonder why I wasn't dating one of them , people are noisy around here and going to wonder what happened between me and so and so etc

• That's their issue, it's really nobody's business what transpired between two people in an old relationship, or why you don't want to date someone you already know or dated. Set the boundaries with those nosey people ;)

• She's right doc.

What Girls Said 5

• I live in a small town as well but don't care what they think. If those girls wanted you in the first place they should've made an effort. For all you know, you might find the perfect person online:) Also, if they find you on the dating site, they are "guilty" of being on it too.

• You have the right to see what's out there! Never settle buddy ;)

• I am from a small town I'm not there anymore but I knew people who would look for people on the dating websites just to make fun of them soo small town small minds but I've done the Internet thing and found its just not for me the people all seemed void I've made some nice friends out of it but nothing more.

• On Match, you can mark your profile to Private now. That is what I do. This way, you can CHOOSE who you want to see you. The only way they can see you is if you communicate with them.

• I wasn't planning on using match the site I have in mind is more public than that one is I guess

• If things didn't go anywhere with thise girls, it's safe to say it probably won't. Meet some new ones from out of town.

What Guys Said 5

• An online site allows you to meet people from beyond your small town. As long as your profile is tasteful and it's not a rude site, no problem. For that matter, if your dating site is rude or risque', for them to know you were on such a site, means they were looking there too.

• Well if you are not attached to anyone, you have no worries. There will always be rumours in little towns, if the women in your town don't turn your crank then it is time to look outside the box.

Go online and have fun... it is just a glorified social network and you may meet the girl you were always intending to meet.

I met my girlfriend through a website... best choice I ever made. Remember nothing ventured nothing gained!

• there is still girls here I wanted to date things just didn't go anywhere , I haven't really had much luck online in past to be honest most girls I meet were in person so not really sure what my chances are even if I do give it a try

• the girls will like it, they learn that you have more in common then they would learn from 5-10 long conversations with you.

• Internet dating is impersonal, and doesn't work because of it. It's only good to see what's out there.

• Just stay away from small town politics. People get to nosey in a small town and if you don't date someone from a different area then life will be very plain and bland.