What's with girls who are 5/10 rejecting guys who are less than 9/10?

I flirted with a few girls, but then they were hesitant to take things to the next level because they're expecting at least a 9/10.
These girls would be about 5ft 3, on the obese side, and not that attractive - around a 5/10 overall. They're demanding guys who are at least 6ft 2, bronze/olive tan, light eyes, chiseled jaw line.. it's a must or they won't date...
I'd be a 7/10. Those 9 + /10 guys are lucky and enjoy using who ever they like because they can. These girls who only go for a 9+/10 complain about how they always come across jerks..
Now, I am definitely out of the league of girls who are 8 and over so I don't bother with them.. I think they have a right to reject me.. but girls who are a 5?
Their demands have gone through the roof thanks to their availability of men through social media.
What's with that? Anyone else notice it?

and no it's not the personality factor... they talk to me about everything, including sex

Most Helpful Girl

• The issue is you're judging the women on an arbitrary scale. Each scale depends on the person rating. You may be a universal 7 or so, but to those girl you perceive as less attractive, you are also less attractive.
    Features plays a key, and women are a lot pickier than men. There isn't a universally attractive look in men. But for men if they see an attractive woman, most men tend to agree that she is attractive.
    I would suggest you go for a woman you rate higher on your own scale, she might even like you more.

What Girls Said 14

• And I see obese ugly dudes scrutinizing every detail of the girls they see. Hence "elbows too pointy" meme.

There's outliers in every group.
    Most guys aren't that superficial and most girls aren't that superficial.
    I actually find it incredibly narcissistic of you to think that because you're not having success then women must have impossibly high standards. I mean you're not even considering the fact that you're not very attractive, or smart/funny/outgoing etc. The only logical answer to you is that all women have standards through the roof.
    I have experienced unreciprocated feelings but I'm not gonna claim that the only reason the guy didn't want me was because he had crazy high ridiculous standards. He just didn't like me. The end. That's life.

You're saying all girls want the 6'2" modelesque hazel eyed olive skinned guy...
    but, if you were correct, only like what, 0.00000000001% of the population would have a girlfriend?
    Most girls only require the guy is taller than them. And considering that 2/3 adults are obese I don't think we're all that picky about weight as a whole either. Eye color is pretty irrelevant. I can't tell you the last time I saw someone who fit the description of "chiseled."

So... pretty much everything you wrote was garbage. You need a dose of reality

• To the point and I love it!

• Most girls aren't that superficial? That's rubbish.
      Wait till you get to your 30s and we'll hear your perspective then (if you're single). I'll be laughing at you if you complained about how men were going after younger women and I'd accuse you of being incredibly narcissistic, having that view just because you think you're a failure because you're older.

• Nothing wrong with short girls! 😐

• I think you need to stop rating people by a scale to determine who there are. You might see a 5/10 but another man might see a 9/10 so really the only scale you can use (if you have to use one) is yours, and that will not explain to you why other people find other people attractive. You can' tractor out personality because even the most good looking guy can be an ass and that is not attractive any way you turn it. Short, tall, fat or thin go after who you are attracted to and don't worry about what others are doing ;)

• Thanks. I like yours too!

• I can smell a feminist in you who hates to concede the flaws of others within her gender.

• i regret wasting my time trying to help you see your situation from a different prespective. I won't reply again.

• I remember I had a girl (who worked with me).
    She had brown rotted away teeth (she used to be bulimic which could explain it),
    and her face wasn't that attractive.
    She had very high standards in what she wanted in men.
    I also knew another girl (who worked with me) who was extremely overweight.
    Also, her face wasn't very attractive as well.
    She also seemed to have very high standards (look-wise) in men.
    It's like some people think they are far more attractive than they are.
    Look! I get that you want a good looking partner.
    Don't we all?
    But the fact of the matter is, don't X someone out because you think they
    are ugly when you aren't even that good looking yourself.

• The whole "rating system" is really gross. Especially because beauty is subjective and people should be treated better than being reduced to numbers. Also, you call someone "lucky" for being able to use people? Wow.

• would you rather be rejected in spite of being a good person or having a choice to date anyone you like?

• "fat and unattractive" is not a reaction. If they were to place themselves in their rating system with their appearance, that's what number they'd score - 5/10. If you're a higher number, you have the option of selecting those who are below you. With girls, they tend to only select guys who are way higher than them in terms of looks.

• "The whole "rating system" is really gross" - YUPPPP

• Most women think they deserve the sexiest man alive.

• But goes the other way too guys want girls who are perfect in every way like models it's not going to happen

• not reall tina.. online dating sites show that guys are far easier on their demands then girls.

• A 25 year old whining about such a thing? What has this world come to? Just get some guts and GET OVER IT

• Well, I guess when you multiply your 7 in looks by your 0 in personality you come out with a solid 0. Maybe that's why those girls didn't seem to like you? It might be a good idea to aim a little closer to the standards you deserve :)

• Do people tell you that your personality is 0 :)
      Being over 25 and there's only one way you're going woman, and that's downhill :(

• I assure you I'm not the OP. I haven't read the entire page of responses, all I saw was your post near the top and an seemingly undeserved personal attack at him.

• So, you formed an opinion without all the facts and now instead of talking about the issue you're telling me my tone was too mean. I totally see the relevance of this derailment. In a, what I suspect will be largely useless attempt, to preempt your next argument based on *tone* of all things a different approach would not have been received by OP any better. I suspect you would have realized this if you took the time to read the responses to Starsite, Female Anon, been_waiting, and Male Anon. It would also be helpful if you looked at how OP talks to the female commenters. But, you know... FACTS UGH

• The girls you talk to are just looking for somthing physical or are extremely immature.

• Being attractive and being nice doesn't guarantee anything

• I'm sorry those 5/10 don't feel lucky enough that a 7/10 like you is giving them attention.

• Just depends I guess. Hard to say

• Rating people is just ridiculous. Your ten is not my ten so this question is totally pointless.

You may be some woman's eleven and a mother's four. Just like the girl you think is a five could be someone else's nine. It's called a subjective opinion.

• First, who gave the marks?
    I still don't get how you can rate someone's attractiveness.

What Guys Said 17

• Maybe you think you're more attractive than you really are?

• Listen to the beard. I think your self rating system is off. Also such an ugly attitude will bring you down the totem pole of attractiveness. Girls can sence that shit from miles away.

• and what attitude do I show those girls? Do enlighten me..

• Because guys less than 9/10 could also be under 5/10.

• one second here please , i don't think that you are talking about humans , you are talking about dogs or some animals like that , nothing is called 9/10 , 5/10 , dude.. dogs aren't even treated like that. you aren't normal , I can say that a girl is super hot that's to you very ugly and vice versa. it's how people are interested in each other and what they seek in life. dumb , smart , beautiful , ugly , white , black or whatever. You just don't judge people since you are one of them !

• Why are you flirting with girls you think of as 5s while you think of yourself of a 7+? That's pretty condescending of you. Not only do you not think they are very attractive, but you must think they aren't very smart either. Why would a girl want to get involved with a guy who doesn't think she is very attractive? They aren't interested in you because you aren't really interested in them. So yes, it is the personality factor. Why don't you try to date someone you really like?

• Yeah the Internet certainly gives people the illusion of having more options than they really do. An I have certainly noticed a lot of fat bitches thinking they're all that while chatting acting hard to get "as if I were actually flirting with them" in the first place.

• Tell me about it. Now you got voted down by their feminist army lol.

• That's ok, I assume that I may have come off harshly. But it doesn't negate the fact that there's a lot of inflated egos "on both sides" that perpetuate this kind of behavior. Nobody likes to be critiqued negatively, but when you put yourself out there you make yourself vulnerable to it. I was merely establishing a point of view on the topic and as expected some people didn't like it. No hard feelings.

• 5/10 and 9/10 are subjective man...

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder" they say...

• It's because people are more than a simple rating. We each find different traits attractive. A lot of people generally considered very attractive are also very shallow and not mentally interesting. Some people who aren't as physically attractive have really compelling personalities.

• Who... cares dude they are probably immature... and the demands are foolish so need to worry about your looks because at least you seem to have a good personality... if they dont like you;BIG DEAL! You deserve better!

• How do you know that's what they're demanding?

• because that's what they said?

• I thought you implied these girls are rejecting you?

I've never heard a girl tell me they want a 9/10, bronze 6'2 guy etc

• Maybe they're not open with you, or you have some decent girls around you.

• The beautiful thing about choice is that you can... you know, choose. The rating system is juvenile, even pathetic.

• You have to make your move the right way at the right time because if a girl is open to you about her sexuality then that's a good sign.

• and what do you do when she says that you're just not attractive enough for her.. and she gives a description of her ideal 9/10 man?

• I don't give a fuck I tell her lets get a couple of brewskies I'm not taking no for an answer. Go to her place or my place and treat that 5/10 girl like she's a 10/10.

• I already treat her like she's a 10. The problem is, she doesn't accept anyone that's below a 9.

• its a double standard?

• are you what people refer to as the 'alpha male?'

• Women want the best for their future children!

• Short girls are the best!!!

• It's true. Social media has made men even more expendable, and thus lower in value.

Everyone in the comments will deny it, but that doesn't change facts.

• Probably because you're a 4/10 who has convinced himself he is a 7. Any 25-34 year old man who worries about such useless bologna gives himself away and if he does so on the internet he damn well does in person to those short behemoth ug's.

Stop being such a wimp and take what you want. Women don't want to be a Mommy to you and they don't want to catch your tears when they can catch a real mans nuts. Seriously, man up.

• lol @ worries.. i'm more worried about you not taking your meds

• Seriously go visit a shrink pal.. your frustration with your own life is palpable. I'm also giving you fantastic advice from the bottom of the heart.

• Let me get this right.

We have a guy on the internet moaning about rankings while saying: "They're demanding guys who are at least 6ft 2, bronze/olive tan, light eyes, chiseled jaw line.. it's a must or they won't date...", and a bunch of other pathetic garbage, who is 25-34... and he is...

... telling another guy (me), who is also 25-34 and who just laid out, in absolute totality, what the goober's obvious issues are: "Seriously go visit a shrink pal"

Finally... he (you) decided to add: "they talk to me about everything, including sex" which actually is a one way "you got friendzoned and just... don't... get it..." type of issue.

So... you're telling me that I need help and meds? Sound about right? Out of curiosity have you ever heard of the word "irony"?