You hear a lot from people (mostly guys admittedly) about this rating system where some girls are 9's and some are 5's for example.
What I want to know is what do you think of these systems?
Are they nonsense because beauty is subjective, is there some truth in them because most people like vaguely similar things or is attraction absolute and some are simply better than others?
- Ratings systems are nonsense. A person's attractiveness can't be quantified/numbered.56% (5)20% (1)43% (6)Vote
- Attraction doesn't really work that way. Each person's rating is different to every other person.33% (3)40% (2)36% (5)Vote
- There's some truth to it but it's WAY overdone. People can improve or disprove their ratings (e. g. by working out).11% (1)20% (1)14% (2)Vote
- Yes, I think it makes sense. A 10 is a 10 and a 3 is a 3.0% (0)20% (1)7% (1)Vote
- Other/See Results0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I find most people who use them tend to be obnoxious and offensive, and treat people like objects. As I've grown older and become a more decent human being, I've relied less and less on them. I don't really care about rating someone's appearance. I just ask myself if I find the person physically attractive, and if I find the person mentally attractive. It's not a fucking competition for who can date the "hottest" person.2