Whats are his intentions?

Met a man. He said he loved me and I fell for it. Hook line and sinker. I am in my 40s. So, I feel like I'm 17 again.. After we "got" together he says he just wants to be friends. then he later says one day he may marry me. And still wants to hook up with me. Im confused. I don't want to be a friends with benefits and I told him that. But he still tries. I told him my feelings are more then friends and I dont want to get hurt. But sometimes he still tries. I don't know what to do. He is 8 years. older then me.

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't want anything serious with you.
    He wants to use you as a hook up.
    Use your many years of life experience to see past his bullshit.
    I can see that from a mile away.

He is too old to be playing those games.
    He needs to be real and straight forward with you.
    It's okay to just want sex... but at least be honest about it and not lead a woman on.

• Thank you for the response. I've stopped texting him. He hasn't initiated a text in the past week. He is the first man I've been with since my ex husband in 3 years. I feel like such a fool. I can't stop thinking about him :'(

What Guys Said 2

• I'm guessing he wants to be friends with benefits, but he hasn't gotten the message yet. He may not truly want to be married - just benefited. Although, I could be wrong. He might truly want to marry you. I'm a little confused myself.

• You're welcome. You're not a fool. He's the fool for not staying in touch with you. If you were expecting a response within the same day or two, then I'd think differently. But you said he hasn't text-ed in a week? Yeah, he's the fool. I try to keep in touch with people, but even a week is too long for me. I'd respond within a week at least. I'm very sorry you feel so bad.

• thanks

• His intention is to have sex with you.

• Thanks... it figures :/

What Girls Said 1

• he just want sex, and you probably are being nice about it to a jerk who just want to use you, for his own benefit. You need to be really firm show him that sex and hookups are completely off the table.