Is an 18 year old Dating a 22 year old Acceptable?

I'm an 18 year old freshman in college, and I just started dating a 22 year old hunting guide who I really connect with. He's basically perfect: sweet, goofy, SO cute, and an all-around "good ol' boy". He even drives all the way from his town to mine to see me since I was in a car accident. The only potential problem is our age difference. I just don't know if dating someone 4 years older than me is appropriate, but I really don't want to pass this guy up. If it ever got to that point, I would almost be afraid to take him home to meet my family because of the age difference. I'M TORN!!!

• Go For It!
    90% (9)93% (14)92% (23)Vote
  • Not Worth It!
    10% (1)7% (1)8% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
4|6

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, same age range. probably on the sane maturity level as well. (:

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Go for it! You both aren't minors anymore and 4 years is perfectly and acceptable age gap. Don't let this opportunity go because of this small age difference detail.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just said "the fuck" out loud. 4 years difference at 18-22? lol are you kidding me, that's NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes acceptable.

0|0
    0|0
  • A 4 year difference is nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course!!! Once you hit college age really doesn't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't see it as a big deal, 18-22 isn't a problem. As long as he's genuine etc. I'd say go for it!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• my aunt is marrying someone 7 years older... so 4 doesn't seem like much
    honestly, as you get older, age doesn't matter as much. What matters is that you love each other. hopes this helps!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say go for it! It's not a big age difference. 4 years is nothing!

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 22 and I dated an 18 year old... and it turned out to be the best relationship I've ever had. 100 percent go for it!

0|0
    0|0