Why does everyone make a big deal of my age on social media sites?

I'm actually 15 guys. Still a little baby, yes , I know. But I feel as if I have to prove to everyone on here I'm not just your average 15 year old, you know? I am a gymnast so maybe if I posted a video of me doing lots of flips and strength and flexibility and doing more than the average person could that maybe you guys would approve of my age. Not just my age, me as a whole. I mean surely all of you must of been 15 at some stage. I won't be 15 forever. No one will even talk to me because of my age, I mean I know it's obviously because I'm not "legal" for boys and girls don't really like to talk to me because I am a girl. People these days are so shallow! What happened to just friends with no benefits. I'm not here to flirt with people, I'm here to talk. If you're 20 and I'm 15 it's totally wrong to talk to, but when I'm 20 and you're 25, oh no, that's completely fine. I hate society.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what has been said that makes you feel this way. But, people here talk a lot about sexual things and taling to a "kid" about sex can get one in trouble and if not that still looks bad. So, since so much on this site is sexual, people try to avoid speaking with very young people.

While we may be impressed with your gymnastic abilities, that says nothing about your maturity. The way to prove your maturity is to speak and act in a mature way.

If yo desire to talk with people about non-sexual matters, yo will probably start getting people chatting it up with you. As more people talk with you, otheres will see that yo are okay, as long as you don't come out with some ridiculous "kid" thoughts. I'm a 67 year old man talking to a 14 year old guy. Not because I was looking to talk with a young girl, but because you were apparently getting upset by not getting any responses. On this question you seem to be acting very maturely and so I am talking with you. Just be the same way and others will, too. Best of luck.

• I do admit, I rashly asked this question, although I think this is rather more of a statement then a question. The thing is, I don't answer the sexual questions as well as I don't ask sexual questions because I understand the trouble it could possibly get other and myself into and it's not just this social media networking site either. I suppose this whole taboo was a overreaction on my behalf. Oh yes and by the way I'm *15. I accidentally messed up my age when I first signed up for this site.

• Now you impressed me even more. Keep going the way you are. You are somebody I do not fear "taking over the reins" for us older people. ;-) Thank you for being you.

• With pleasure.

What Guys Said 4

• That is your problem right there thinking you have something to prove LOL. Be yourself and people might or should I say will respect ^^. I dont care about your age since im not trying anything iffy ^^

• will respect you *

• Lmao I don't blame them in a way, but then again I guess that depends on what they are trying to talk about ^^. But I do see why it would get annoying though from your POV.

• I suppose so.

• I have a simple solution, don't care about what people tell you if it's just pure antagonism, and block anonymous replies on your questions :P

• I suppose I was looking too deeply into matters.

• Thank you, my good sir.

• Not touching this one with a ten foot pole.

• Why?

• I'm not touching this one with a one hundred and ninety six foot pole.

• 20 years of crazy. But I still have to ask, why?

• just be you and don't get caught up in the bullshit... a lot of people judge no matter what... me? i have friends from 4-92 years,,,,, age doesn't matter as far as talking

What Girls Said 3

• Does the social media sites include gag?
    People make a big deal i think because of the content on the site and of course there are thirsty people lurking on the sites, if you dont reach a legal age, they would avoid mingling much with you.

• I understand that but it's just so annoying. To be completely honest the people make it a problem when there doesn't need to be one and I get upset.

• they said in their mind - 'a kid' . yes i agree it is annoying but on the positive side, you are better off without pervs and glad they are not pedofhile

• Agreed :)

• don't let it get to you

• The fact that you certainly act your age is probably a reason. But what I don't understand is why you're asking this question when you know the answer? You're young and you want to prove your maturity by showing off your gymnastic skills?

• Not really actually, I just feel I have something to prove in general. But now you put it that way, I see I was only acting rashly. I digress. I do not act my age. Quite the opposite, love. That's why I get mad, I am a kid, look like a kid, but intellectually, still a kid but older than everyone thinks.

• Hun you don't have anything to prove. Of course you can be intellectual and mature but you are still young. Embrace it nothing wrong with that. In fact take advantage of it! You don't wanna grow up to fast and miss everything great about beinh young haha I am the same way but I've learned it is a lot more fun to let loose and well have fun.

• I know, I just stated in the last paragraph I was acting rashly. I was, then and there admitting I had no longer got anything to prove. But thanks :)