Girls, have you ever legitimately rejected a guy, but then started to genuinely like him afterwards?

Have you ever seriously rejected a guy, then started to like him? Why did you reject him in the first place? If you did start to like him afterwards, why? Was it only after you saw him with another girl or because you got to know him better after you rejected him? Just a little curious, hope you don't mind answering

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, yes I have. It was back in my freshman year of college and I had been single for the first time since freshman year of high school. The first few times I told him no i wasn't interested in him in anyway, but he wouldn't give up. I finally just told him my situation and he said "okay I see right now you don't need a relationship, but you need a friend and you're new here, and I like you as person so lets just be friends." So fast forward 4 years later and he is one of my best friends, nothing romantic has happened between us , but he is such an important part of my life, and his opinion matters to me more than any other friend I have. Maybe one day we can be more than friends idk? But I know I couldn't made it through college without his friendship. I'm glad he is in my life and he is the one person who will never lie to me, and he calls me out on my shit, when I need it.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes... :). Depends if you're playing hard to get. If you're good at the game, she'll be interested again... I think it's more of a "you want what you can't have" thing than anything else. That's how attraction starts...

• No. In the situation like you're talking I never truly liked the guy I just wanted to wrap him around my little finger again

• Nope... I haven't

What Guys Said 3

• It happens a lot. However the reason why women reject guys is because they don't want to be told that you like them. They want you show them that you like them. The reason why they start to like the guy is because the guy proved to them that he likes her.

• I'm a guy and I've done that... :'(

• Yes, this has happened.