Is it ok to go on a date if I am very hesitant about entering a relationship?

My friend wants to introduce me to someone and I already said yes. She doesn't know about my recent relationship trauma and she is an older married woman and I am not close enough to tell her.

Is it ok to go on a date even though I am feeling vulnerable and not so sure I want to commit to anyone? It is one date after all. Since I am very hesitant to enter a relationship I think it could be good practice at least. It is a blind date. When I am seeking a relationship badly I tend to lower my standards.

Most Helpful Girl

• By the sound of it I dont think you're ready to go out with a guy as yet. You mentioned that your last relationship left u traumatized? Seriously u dont even have to ask anybody for your input. What's the rush? Go at YOUR own pace. You should also stop lowering your standards. You will be fine though. deal with your issues first before u get into a relationship. Try your hand at the dating thing when your emotionally ready and more confident. Just my two cents. Wish u the best hun.

What Guys Said 1

• Bring up your unwillingness to become exclusive, during the 2nd or 3rd date.

What Girls Said 1

• You have to be clear about what you are looking for and it's better to tell the person sooner rather than later. Don't go on several dates and then say you don't want a serious relationship. If you were traumatized I would suggest not going on any dates or putting yourself in that situation until you have dealt with your trauma.