Should women let nice guys have a chance?

As a Gentleman with a courageous and persevere ideal I hate it when crushes complain about jerks and then date another one while letting you suffer. What are you opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! just yes. I get so sick of hearing about how girls want the bad guy or guys want the slutty girl, how they always get hurt and then keep doing it over and over anyways. it's stupid! I want a nice guy, a gentleman. I don't need some "bad boy" to treat me like shit. I've been there and done that and it was not at all fun and not at all rewarding. it sucks. So yes, I think there are lots of elements of dating that should come back: being polite, picking your date up, not having sex on the first date, etc. I want a gentleman that I can have a great time with.

What Girls Said 7

• When a guy has to tell you he's nice, he's not a nice guy. He's a Nice Guy which are two VERY different things. You don't get to decide if a girl is dating a jerk or not. That's her decision.

As soon as a guy says he's a nice guy and a gentleman I run. Those are qualities that will demonstrate themselves. When a person says something enough the term eventually loses all meaning,

• it depends on the girl I mean I understand why you'd think its annoying but at the end of the day it's the girls decision who she wants to date and to be honest you could date the sweetest guy in the world but as soon and he fucks up or makes one big mistake you'll label him as "the biggest douchebag you've ever met"

• nice guys should have more courage to make a move. they tend to beat around the bush too much. it's hard to give someone a chance when they won't make it known they're interested in you.

• I think part of the problem there is that we're never taught how in the first place. Boys get a lot of mixed messages growing up, and the last thing any guy wants is to be accused of harassment. If the woman I'm with now (love you, sweetie 😘) hadn't made the first move, I'd still be floundering.

The first few paragraphs of this article frame the problem well:
      goodmenproject.com/.../

• I think that a lot of women are just afraid to be let down time and time again, and they start to believe that they can't have any guy who's even remotely nice and caring. If this is about a certain someone, have you tried talking to her?

• Yes i have and she told me she wishes to be with men who are more, you could say, skilled in doing stupid things... I always tell her she will never find an adrenaline junky who will take her seriously but meh kinda gave up

• Okay... does she know how you feel about her yet? Does she just want a bad boy in general? Because believe me, I've been there and done that. It's not as appealing as it sounds.

• Always! Why wouldn't we! That would be really stupid of us. There a few of them and we should take opportunites haha

• Don't worry. You're only 17. Life is not over. High school girls do not count.

• Absolutely not. I don't like "nice guys," I like good guys who embody the kind of character I like and have things in common with me, sexual chemistry, to whom I'm physically attracted, and with whom I share common values and interests. I like funny guys, with sharp wit and intellect. I don't just let anyone "have a chance." What the hell is that?

No one should let you have anything, in terms of relationships. Women owe you exactly 0 things in life. Or girls, since you're a kid.

You should want someone who wants you. If you ignore the "good girls" in school, and focus on girls who don't want you, and then cry about how most or all girls don't like "nice guys"... then... thats your call. Your ideal clearly lacks a lot of substance then. Not a problem, but you can see how some of us aren't going to take your "suffering" too seriously. But you're not alone. Tons of so-called "nice guys," your age and older sing the same tune.

What Guys Said 14

• Its all about physical attraction. And unfortunately, most girls around your age don't think that nice guys are physically attractive. This is not really a big issue in case of older women, in their late 20s or older.

• Women should let GOOD GUYS have a chance, not NICE GUYS LOL. Yeah, there is a difference ^^

• No. You should never give someone a chance for that person's sake. But, people should be honest about their desires, and many people are not.

• Ugh. "Nice guys."

Girls don't want to date "nice guys", they want to date attractive nice guys. You may be nice and your crush (s) might think so too but they just don't find you attractive. They date the guys they find attractive, they just happen to be incompatible. Make a bold move on your crush and if it doesn't work out then you're screwed. If they're a friend then maybe you can enlist them to help you find someone else.

• I think the problem comes from how we define "nice guys". Nice guys are viewed as boring, shy, weak etc. You can be a nice person, but don't be a "nice guy". I would say confidence is one of the biggest things that attracts girls besides looks, how funny you are, and girls' other personal preferences. The biggest thing that helped me get more confident is to stop being afraid of rejection. If you ask a girl out and she says no, it's cool. It's ok that girls you like date other guys, it just depends on how you deal with it. You can get hurt, but you shouldn't suffer because of it.

• Like males, women should only date with men that they wanna date with. Period.

• When a guy who says he's a "nice guy" can't get a girl. My first thought is "poor bastard needs to grow a pair and man up" which is usually the case.

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer. But what makes you a "gentleman"?

• Orrr nice guy man up and stop being a boy.

• I feel like Florida is not the place for a Guy like me to be living.
    Girls just want their dream man down here, it's so annoying.

• O

---

C===3

/ \

• Same but what can u do? Why can't my boy friend be like u. How many times u herd that line eh.

• I saw they become bad boys and do what they want

• No, women should not give nice guys a chance if they are not interested in or attracted to them. Women like what they like, and no one can or should ask them to change it. What women SHOULD do is be honest about how they view nice guys versus jerks. Most of them are not.

• I've seen it said several times, and I think it's true - women like good men (the term "nice guy" has developed some negative connotations), with "men" being a key word there - they don't like pussies.

That doesn't mean you need to be Beefy McMeathead either - just don't be a pushover. Know what you want out of life, go after it, and stand up for yourself.