Is eight years older too old?

If the woman is eight years older is it too old? what are guys opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're 20, and you're the older one, at 8 years, that'd make the guy, 12, which is well, illegal and probably pretty immoral. If you're 20 and he's the one that's 8 years older, it's legal, buttt would question why he couldn't get a girl his own age, same with the girl

• My half sister is 37 and she is seeing a guy 8 years younger so i was just thinking is that normal for older people or is that the going thing for that age group!

• Anonymous: if they are both 18 or older, why is it any of your business who they date based on age? If the older person targeted the younger when they weren't of age, then it would make sense to question. But if they didn't meet until after they were both 18, why should it matter?

• I'm saying, I'd question their MO, why are they going for such a big age range...20 and 12 would be illegal and immoral but 37 and 29 is fine

What Guys Said 4

• um... if you are wanting to date a 12 year old yes it is.

If you are 26 dating an 18 year old... it also is a little weird unless its just sex.

I feel that its all about maturity. Guys aren't too mature until they reach the 24-25 year age. I laugh and say that the 18-23 year age for guys is the most sexless time simply because we are too dumb and immature.

But otherwise an older woman is hot!

• No. As long as you are 18 and you two love each other and want what's best for each other, then it's not too old. Women tend NOT to date someone that much younger than them. But I'm not against dating someone that much older. In fact, my grandma was older than my grandpa by 9 or 10 years. How's that for older women and younger men?

• wow thats great!

• Thanks. My grandpa died 5.5 years ago, and their love was still very strong.

• No, is ok if the both want the same thing

• Still acceptable because true love is everywhere.

What Girls Said 5

• If the girl is 37 yo and the guy is 8 years younger then it is fine.
    The age gap depends on the stage of life both are at.

• My guy is 11 years older than me.
    I have never had it so good.
    Yeah I think I've always been attracted to older guys.
    In your case I'm hoping you're not talking about yourself.
    20-8=12.
    A little young methinks.
    HHHH

• my half sister is 37 and the guy she is seeing is 29 so just curios if thats the going thing for people that age.

• Well that sounds fine and compatible.
      I like her style.

• My parents are 8 years apart and they will be married for 25 years this summer. My mom was almost 25 when they got married and my dad had just turned 34.

• Thats fantastic! so age didn't matter for them :)

• Not at all. Actually, I have a couple of uncles whose wives are 10 years younger than them. And a coworker of mine married a 21 year old man when she was 29.

• My rule of thumb is he can't be old enough to be my dad or young enough to be my son so 8 years old falls within the allowable spectrum as long as you are both adults.

• Mmmm.. not for me.. I think a three year young guy is young enough.