Dating on pof. Waste of time?

I don't get it. I've been on it for 6 months and have been on two dates. I bet I have had at least 800 girls view my profile. I just don't get it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't beat yourself up too much - the problem with online dating is that there are literally too many options. If someone isn't sure what they want they may start disqualifying people on very shallow grounds. Online dating certainly has its strenghts, but it is a much different landscape then if you met someone on the street.

At best one extends their range to find a good partner they otherwise would never meet - at worst the sheer variety has a dehumanizing effect where everyone is categorized and forever chasing a horizon they will never reach.

I encourage you to do all you can to have an appealing profile - read up about it and don't sweat it too much. (Nice photos, good write up), and just have the profile out there - don't make it your whole focus on you may find yourself stressing.

Hang in there :)!

What Girls Said 1

• That's just online dating for ya...

What Guys Said 3

• I don't get it either. I think dating in general is a waste of time now. I might as well remain single the rest of my life.

• Tweak your profile and your pictures, that's often something that holds people back.

• The top 20% rule applies to internet dating only.