Is it bad to date someone because you feel like your doing them a favor?

On dating sites I tend to go for girls that I feel would be lucky to have me. I don't mean it as an offensive gesture but want to make someone happy. I have self esteem issues and also would like someone who is really attracted to me. It's not that I'm trying to trick them. I just want to date someone who will be like wow this guy picked me I feel lucky. And I would enjoy making that person happy. Is this bad, is it selfish.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao. So you aim really really low on purpose? Looks personality or both? Like how are they lower I men.
    I don't think it's that bad, I just think it's funny lol.

• I look for people who I connect with their personality but aren't the most beautiful girls out there. I know it sounds bad but I still find them somewhat attractive and can see inner beauty. Not people who are ugly but people that would be considered plain.

• Lol you're funny. I don't think it's that bad. I mean people get into relationships for some real messed up reasons sometimes, and on the scale of things, this isn't that bad.
      Sometimes though, i know people can get cocky dating somebody above them, and it kinda makes the more likely to cheat because they think they're amazing. Sometimes it'll go your way though and they'll just feel so lucky they won't even look at another guy.
      I only say that because I've known a couple girls to do that when they were with a guy who they were punching above their weight with.

• I didn't think of that. Thanks for the advice.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think its bad if that's your thing. And as long as you can connect with them, physical appearance won't matter i feel. But if you just date them cause they are vulnerable and try to take advantage of their situation, then its bad...

• I'm not trying to hurt them but make/keep them happy. But I'd be picking them because their not as attractive as other girls. is that wrong?

• No not at all! Even im the same way, i mostly try to date girls that many would not consider that attractive. But i feel i can connect with them more and easily communicate with them :D

• That is bad.