How would you ask out a female friend?

Easy and simple, just looking for pointers - I did the approach of telling her I like 'someone' then surprising her that it actually is her, which actually worked at that time, but I didn't put any effort into keeping that attraction. Seven months on I'm willing to give it another try, but I'm just looking about what first step is best to take.

What Girls Said 1

• first hang out a lot.. smooth flirting.. steady loving eyes when looking at her ,, send her romantic songs and then tell her I was listening to this song and thought of u.. drown her in attention but stay confident and dont through yourself all over her.. then when u feel it's right.. ASK HER OUT
    and remember this (if you love someone u tell them.. not matter what problems it causes you.. u say it loud and go from there) ;)

What Guys Said 1

• I'd take the casual approach, hanging out a few times before making it a serious date and making that distinction, even though the actual distinction is probably just the setting and how much the guy pays. I had this one girl do what you did the first time, and I thought it was confusing and lame, and she thought I was doing something similar when I actually just wasn't into her.