I told my boyfriend I'm going to break up with him if he has a girl move in. Does that make me a horrible person?

My boyfriend currently has a male roommate. He's super chill, but a few weeks ago he said he's moving out. That would mean he's leaving my boyfriend hanging. So now there's a possibility there will be a girl replacing his roommate. I told my boyfriend that if a girl moves in I'm going to break up with him. Does that make me a bad girlfriend? I feel horrible about saying that but I definitely would not be comfortable with that.

• horrible girlfriend
  • best choice
  • that's what I would do

Most Helpful Girl

• If he doesn't have any control over who moves in it would be a little hard. But really even if a girl says she's into girls you can't really prove it you don't know what someone is thinking.

Really women aren't really that trustworthy. Also his roommates would spend more time with him then you and you wouldn't know what they do or don't do. Of course my ex cheated so I'm a little biased.

Also it's been proven scientificly that women are into taken guys (see link) so if your bf has an issue with it show him the link.

www.newscientist.com/.../...aken-men-are-best.html

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't say that that makes you a bad girlfriend, I'm sure he would be upset if you had a guy move in with you. Next time the subject ever gets brought up, just say "I'm sorry for threatening you like that, I shouldn't have assumed. I just do not like the idea of a girl who isn't me moving in with you, and I'd feel better if you had another guy move in instead."

• That makes you a horrible person. Oh well.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think you gave him any room to decide for himself if he even wants a female roommate himself.

• Umm... Hell no.

• I believe there's a lot of trust that goes into that. If you trust him and feel confident that he's not going to do anything to jeopardize the relationship then there shouldn't be a problem, but if you don't have full trust in him having another girl who isn't you probably won't work out for either of you. Talk to him and see if you can find a different resolution to the roommate situation and if not make the decision that you feel is best for you. Just think things over before making a decision.
    I personally would be against him living with another girl unless it was someone he's known for a long time, because I know how sneaky girls are.