Can a 21 year old guy be interested in a 17 year old girl?

If so how will he show it? We work together so how will he show it in a work setting?

He is very nice to me at work. He helps me with the smallest things and most of the time he stares at me for no reason during work. Once he even asked if he can give me a ride home. I am not sure if he is just a nice person or he is interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, legally it depends on the jurisdiction. The age of consent in most states is actually 16, and in others it is 17, but there are some where it's 18. If you live in any of those states, he could get in trouble if you became physically intimate.

That being said, yes, it's possible. I wouldn't bet on it, because a lot happens in those 4 years to make those ages really different, but it is possible. It's also possible that he's just a friendly, flirtatious person. If he goes out of his way to spend time with you rather than with other people, it's probably a sign. Also, if he invites you to things outside of work, or hints that the two of you should do things outside of work.

• He is very nice to me at work. He helps me with the smallest things and most of the time he stares at me for no reason during work. Once he even asked if he can give me a ride home. I am not sure if he is just a nice person or he is interested?

What Guys Said 4

• Sure, but if I was a 21 year old guy I wouldn't act on it.

• Legally, no. Wait until you turn 18. Then, yes. A 21 year old (or 22) can be and usually are interested in a 18 year old.

• it´s not such a huge age gap. why not?

• yeah this can be possible.. He will be around you more if he is interested...

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, but only if your name is Knives Chau and his name is Scott Pilgrim.
    But he'll probably cheat on you with some chick called Ramona Flowers, so watch out for that.