Guys: A 19 year old virgin, how do you feel about it?

Is that a turn on, or off? Or nothing. What do you think when you like a girl, think she's cute/pretty, but find out she's a virgin who hasn't really had a proper relationship and is nearly 20? Should I be embarrassed?

PS this is by choice, I haven't felt ready for one. I kinda always thought you had to love yourself before you can love someone else. Also not into that meaningless sex shit, I want to really know the person. Feel comfortable enough with them.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I like your personality, it wouldn't matter too much. It would only be an issue for as long as you would make it one, meaning that, while it may be a delicate topic, it is not one I wouldn't know how to handle. It is only as meaningful as you make it. I know society makes it a huge deal, but it isn't that huge. Not saying it doesn't mean anything.

It's kind of like your first time getting drunk. It won't be the best, it won't be the worst. You'll have better times, more memorable times, more meaningful times. You'll never forget your first, but it won't be more than a story to tell.

• Thanks for MHO, I'm wondering, what did I say that helped?

• "It is only as meaningful as you make it" "it would only be an issue for as long as you would make it one" the entire last paragraph..

What Guys Said 11

• Don't be embarrassed for such a little thing. It's not turn-on for most of the guys but there are plenty of guys (incl. me) who find it turn on.

• It all depends on those involved I guess! Thanks for the input

• I think it's a turn on for me. Also i think it's always great for someone to know that he has a really deep relationship with a girl, deep enough to lose her virginity with him. You shouldn't be embarrassed. Keep on, you'll find the right guy

• So I should definitely tell him? Not make it a big deal or anything, just mention it if the conversation comes up? Or would he be able to tell if we ended up having sex for the first time without me telling him anything?

• I think you should tell him definitely. When it;s about your first time, he would be aware and extra gentle

• Maybe it's just me, but it's neither a turn off nor a turn on for me. I just don't care whether you had sex or not. All I care that is it fun to be with you or not, nothing else..

• Sex is a big thing for me as it makes a strong bond between the two, however if I genuinely like her and she's a virgin, it wouldn't bother me.. I'd probably wait till she's ready. I can respect a girls choice of right timing

• And she wants to with you, but she's scared or whatever?

• If she wants to with me, I can wait till she's comfortable enough not have that fear. I'd also try to make it romantic lol, call me a Mitch I don't care but a girls first time should be special and I'd intend to make it special

• No opinion at all, mainly for it is every ones right to live their life how they chose

• for ME it would be... for most guys maybe not.

• Well that makes it special in my opinion like if the girl has had other boyfriends but is still virgin and she wants to loose it to that guy you get a certain love that is special and that none of her other boyfriends where worthy enough to have but for that guy to be the one to be chosen that is a very special honor in my opinion.

• I'd be fine with it, i was a virgin till i was 21

• that new car smell, mmmm

• Not really either for me. I'm more interested in the person than sex and I'm in the same boat.

• actually i prefer a virgin.. I don't want to put mine in a place used by another..

What Girls Said 3

• I dont actually mind, it just means that you haven't had anyone that means something like that to you
    but if she doesn't like it then she isn't worth it

• EH, normal. Common. I know many virgins in their early to mid 20s.

• I'm a 20 year old virgin, so I respect you. I've gone up to third base, but I'm waiting until I love and trust the man enough to give that up, whether that be who I'm currently seeing now, or my future husband. It makes it more special and usually guys respect that. The guy I'm with now does, and it makes it 100x better. He's been my first everything so far, so it's been very special for me.