Do you think it's possible to have a broken heart from someone you weren't serious with?

My best friend was dating this guy who she had feelings for a long time. It never developed into anything more and she was really upset/sad over it. When they started to talk about why she was so down, she told him that "he broke her heart," and his response was " how can I have broken your heart when I never had it to begin with?"

Do you think it's possible to get your heart broken because you had feelings for them, even if they didn't reciprocate them?

Most Helpful Guy

• i sure doo... i still suffer from a broken heart i got from a rejection over 4 years ago

What Guys Said 3

• Absolutely! I've felt feelings very similar to heartbreak when my friends have let me down. Not a romantic relationship at all with buddies as I have no gay tendencies at all but it still hurts to lose a good friend.

• Yes it is. Just because he wasn't invested in the relationship doesn't mean she wasn't. "Getting your heart broken" isn't limited to just people dating, people in love, or serious relationships.

• Yes it's possible. Especially if the person has never actually experienced being in love before.

What Girls Said 1

• He's not making "her" feel worthy anymore. "She" thinks she has a broken heart but personally speaking I do not think so.
    Basically I think she's feeling confused. She's simply feeling sad because he's not acknowledging her anymore.

Anyway, you are not brokenhearted. You just feel like you need him because he made you feel good about yourself. You will get over it.