Am I going to be a Virgin forever? It feels like I am?

I'm turning 26 soon and I still haven't had sex. I've never been in a long term relationship before. Don't get me wrong.. I've done more than kissing and have been close to having sex, its just never happened.

I meet guys and many of them can sense I'm still a Virgin. I've found that some guys can't handle it, since they are used to being with other girls that are more experienced than I am. I've had guys say that they are 'affectionate' and need someone who matches up. So far its happened three times in the last 3 years.

I've never felt any pressure to do anything or felt the need to do it for the sake of it to prove anything to any of the guys I used to see. I just let them go and moved on. I believe I will meet someone I am comfortable with that will be patient.

The same thing is happening again though. I met a guy, he guessed I'm still a Virgin. I'm slowly finding out he is kind of affectionate, which I like however for some reason things are moving so slow. I know it's down to me to be honest, in my head I've probably slept with him a good 100 times but when I'm in his presence in freeze. I feel like the same thing is going to happen since he's already mentioned not feeling the love (I often act distant). I know it's affection that is missing its a normal human need you could say and the guys before weren't necessarily wrong for wanting it.

What i'm trying to say is that I feel like I'm in a limbo. I've been a Virgin for so long I'm used to it, I stay guarded, I have my little tendencies people pick up on and the more I feel people are thinking im frigid the more I act frigid.

I think about every aspect and worry xyz will happen which means I don't relax and never take risks. I made improvement with the guy before like I would be touchy feely and I initate kisses but with this new guy I'm so nervous.

When people ask if it bothers me of course I love through my teeth. It annoys the crap Out of me. Just wanted to vent I guess :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Any woman can get laid any time she wants. So if losing your virginity is all that matters, just go do it.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm the male version of you in this regard.

• Which does not make you or me special because there are millions more like us. A female like her is far more proportionally rare. And like @yaddayaddayadda02 said, if she wants to get laid then she should just go and do it because unless you're hideously deformed or an beached whale, it's easy for a woman to get laid... provided you lover your standards.

• Cool story bro.

• I don't wanna lower my standards @Thisdudehere. Then I'd be settling and I don't want to settle.

• I used to know a girl a while back who wanted to wait until she got married before having sex for the first time.

She was over 30 years old before she finally did it. I dont remember her exact age, but but she was roughly my age (35) or thereabouts before she finally had sex.

You want to wait that long, be my guest - its your life.

Some women, like the one i mentioned, have impossibly high standards and will never lower them for anyone, no matter what. Guess what, those same women are the ones who tend to not enjoy life, never being spontaneous, never taking risks, never LIVING life. No, i am not saying go out and ''whore'' yourself out (i do not like that word) to the first guy you meet.

You want to wait? Then dont complain when it takes a very long time to happen.

• Number one, dont settle or rush anything. Not worth it. When you do find the right guy, hopefully a virgin too. It may take a few encounters or more to be comfortable enough to really enjoy sex. As a guy, I would be so nervous the first bunch of times, I wouldn't be able to get an erection much less enjoy myself. After that phase is over, it was amazing. Once again though, it has to be the right guy

• So u really wanna lose it that soon? Gurls these dayz smh

• Soon? Mate I'm 26, I've waited longer than most

• No need to bring sex as an excuse.. love isn't all about sex. If ur worry about losing ur v-card soon, than kum over to ma house babe. Ma body will be waiting 👙

• You are a girl, it's easy for you to lose your virginity.

I'm also a 26 year old virgin and I've never even been on a date or talked to a girl. I feel pathetic

• how about a male prostitutte

• I am also 26 and a virgin, I've never even dated

What Girls Said 3

• You're a great woman who which is not influenced by the ideas of others. You have your principles. Be proud of it. Many women would have advanced to the sex when they had a chance, even if they didn't like the guy that much, only to stop being a virgin.
    Why don't you talk with this new guy and tell him how you feel? He may understand you more, instead of thinking you are being distant. Communication is everything.
    Tell him this you wrote here. If he's the guy who deserves you, I'm sure he will be patient :)

• Hey, thanks. That's true and I know far too many women who have regrets.

I have spoken to him in regards to me being distant and he's been great. He's never pressured me into anything. I'm not sure how long ago I wrote his post, but since then things have progressed very slowly. I have even surprised myself and moved out my comfort zone, even he was surprised about how much I've changed. I guess it depends on how comfortable I am.

• That's great! :) The hardest you already did. So now just keep going and good luck! :)

• Foreeeeever.

Nah, probably not though, seriously. It'll happen. I'm sure.

Maybe. Eventually.

• Do you ever feel scared when it comes to having sex?

• Not scared about sex itself probably worry too much about being that intimate with someone