Boyfriend has mood swings. How do I deal with this?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year now, and throughout the year, he's had days where he was just super annoyed or upset and wouldn't tell me what was up. Before I would just nag at him and try to cheer him up, but i realized that would just piss him off even more. And of course being the sensitive girl I am, I would get so upset and usually cry, making him more annoyed. Now i know to just give him his space, but I still can't help but to feel really depressed every time he has these mood swings. Should I just continue what I do and leave him alone, or is there another way I can deal with these mood swings? Every time he has them, I get really upset myself and I can't focus on anything until he smiles again. He knows this too, but I feel like he gets pressured when he sees me getting all depressed because of him and then it becomes this vicious cycle where he and i are both depressed because of each other.

What Guys Said 1

• Just be straight up with him, look him dead in the eye, and tell him to cut the crap

What Girls Said 1

• Ask him what's wrong and what's at the bottom of the mood swings