How can so many people struggle with flirting?

this is crazy everyone im talking to is afraid of insecure about either talking to the other sex (or the same) about dating? why can't people ask without finding potential consequences

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get why people have trouble talking to each other... It's pretty damn easy haha

What Girls Said 4

• Lol, I have no idea. I'm a natural flirt so it just comes easily to me. I've never had trouble flirting before haha.

• I don't struggle with flirting, I'm OK with flirting, I think I'm pretty decent with flirting. It's what happens after flirting that terrifies me.

• People are afraid of rejection. Fear is the most powerful thing in the world, in my opinion.

• Fear of failure and having to live with the consequences. Or of looking like an idiot.

What Guys Said 2

• Because people don't want to ruin a friendship if they read the flags wrong and run a red light.

• Personally, I am quite shy. For me it is not so much finding potential consequences, it is that I am am always asking myself if the way that I would want to say something is an acceptable. Even when I know that what I want to say or ask is fine, I still have a hard time getting myself to say it.