Are all guys afraid of rejection?

How many girls have you not asked because of your fear? idoes this go for all guys, where are the confident guys at?

i like guys who takes risks, instead of losing a girl the can really love, him

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most human beings period fear rejection to an extent. And being confident doesn't necessarily mean that fear goes away. Being confident is when, even if you do have that fear to an extent, you manage to bite the bullet and put yourself out there anyway.

• i agree ! everyone fears rejection to an extent, but your definition of confidence made me re-evaluate the way i see confident people

• thanks!

• No problem, thanks for MH

What Guys Said 20

• Isn't it possible for a risk-taker to also be afraid of rejection? A guy may be confident enough in himself to approach a girl, but if he especially cares about her response he may feel fear in the process.

A man who approaches a woman without any hint of fear probably doesn't care about her response in the first place. Likewise, a guy who doesn't muster up the balls to approach a girl at all probably doesn't care about her enough either.

A man who recognizes and fears the ramifications of exposing his feelings to a woman and chooses to do so in spite may be one worth giving a chance to.

• I've been alive long enough and have survived far worse things to not be phased by the word "No" from a girl.

• If I like a girl then I always let her know. If I see a girl who I think is cute then I'll let her go by partly because of rejection-fear but also because I figure she'd just say no since girls think everything is so creepy. The only exception is when I think a girl is gorgeous or really interesting and the I'll try at least. But girls are only receptive in very specific circumstances so it makes it extremely hard to be there in that perfect moment and have the perfect things to say. Honestly it's just not worth the bother like 98% of the time.

• Lets put it this way, I was afraid of rejection on a first date on Saturday so I didn't make any moves. Today I got friend-zoned. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. That being said, clearly you've gotta take a risk.

• The list is longer than I care to admit. And it's not that I'm not confident. I'm plenty confident. Plenty confident she'd say no or make up some lame ass excuse.

• wait what was your last part?

• but does it hurt taking the risk? youd never know

• Yes. Yes it does hurt taking the risk. I've done it. It hurts.

• No but after awhile it gets frustrating!!

• I have no problem with rejection so long as it is genuine and sincere, instead of it resulting from the girl's friends who are standing there laughing and imposing their opinions on the situation. Of course that will lead a girl reject a guy. That's what they expect.. But it is wrong, and the only reason I wouldn't like you accept a rejection. I want what the person I care about wants. If they themselves truly don't want me, and it has nothing to do with her how their friends feel about me, then I am more than HAPPY to accept that. :)

• Guys and girls are both afraid of rejection.

• We're here and confident! But every one has been gun shy from being shot down at one time or another. It's part of life.

• Everyone is afraid of rejection.
    The only thing that differs is how much they are afraid.

• I was also scared of rejection, but it was bothering me emotionally. So I gained Confidence and grew Balls and asked her. Got rejected.. but now I know that Love in High School is not for me yet. So instead of chasing the Girl of my Dreams, I'll let that special someone come to me later in life :)

• I have no fear, but I won't bother asking a girl m physically attracted to if we have nothing in common or I dont know enough about her.

• In my youth my lack of confidence prevented me from asking some girls out. That went away.

• everyone's afraid of rejection... some girls have the misconception that they will never be turned down no mater how ugly they are... I exclude these types of people of course...

• No but, I used to be in sales.
    "Every 'no' is that much closer to a 'yes'"

• Afraid? Not really, but tired of it yes. It's usually decided to approach that is the scary part.

• There are plenty of confident guys who will ask a girl out. Just not a lot of girls worth asking out these days.

• I've only asked 1 of my last 13 crushes out. I joined the dating game late so I didn't quite know what to do. As confident as any guy is, if he has zero dating experience it will always be difficult to "catch up"

• Honestly, yes I am. I get that way especially towards the girl I really dig.

• The ones who don't care about the outcome aren't afraid. So this usually means you will find tons of players in the mix with the good ones who approach.

What Girls Said 1

• Not all guys
    some are really confident