How much do girls get blinded by money?

I know the stereotype is that girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money. Do you agree?

I've known quite a few girls who I thought were really down to earth and focused on other things. But then when a wealthy guy has been interested they have eventually ended up going out with him.

On at least three occasions they didn't even like the guy for quite a long time.

Are they ultimately just blinded by the money? If so, is it a conscious decision or subconscious?

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot. I masturbate to the mere thought of a wealthy person with his dollars & houses & fancy shit and fast cars. I shit you not! That's my purpose in life! Acquire goods and happily die embracing them. Sounds so amazing and not sad at all!
    Anyway, I have no idea about your experiences. Sure, a lot of girls care about a guy's wealth. The reason is partially biological, but I don't think that's always the case. Some people can be content with a simple life.

What Girls Said 6

• For me personally I don't care about money. Material things don't matter to me. I fall for the person you are not for worth. Ya money is nice but the things that mean the most are the simple things in life. I would prefer a blanket under the stars in a truck bed over fine dining but that is just me. Iwoukd watch a sunset and eat sandwiches and that is ok with me. It is the thought that counts. Hell give me a combine Andy I would be in heaven. In the end it is the little things that mean something. Not the big things

• That's great to hear and my friends said similar things. But when the brother with the money showed interest they seemed to fall for it even though the guys didn't have a lot going for them. Then they said things like "I like his ambition" or "he has a great sense of adventure" or "he has nice taste". All of that to me said "he has plenty of cash and I can live a nice lifestyle with him".

Can you resist the cash when it comes your way?

• I have had enough guys try and pick me up with a lot of money. To be honest I really dudn't like it. Can't stand when I can't pay for something and I can't stand the way rich people act. Give me a farm boy any day. Ya he may not make a lot of money but he is at least real

• Well I doj't agree with that statement that all girls are after money and material stuffs. I'm the first one that looks for opposite so I believe there's plenty of girls like me.. I think that those girls who look after money, cars, expensive houses and high social status are shallow. Because they don't value valuable things such as love, family.. I think it's conscious. I'm not trying to represent them as something bad, we're all humans and they have the right to do and think whatever they want. This is just what I think, that they're shallow and going for nothing but a material things that are only not really valuable.. :)

• I don't care about cars. I honestly don't know a single girl who dates a guy because he has a nice car.

I don't give an eff about money.
    If I can't connect to him emotionally and mentally and I'm not attracted to him I will not date him. Money can't make up for any of those components.

I'm not saying there aren't any girls who won't go for a guy just for money but most wouldn't.

• I'm not one for fancy shit anyway. Expensive cars are a waste of money. I don't like jewelry. I don't shop that much. I've been told I'm the most down to earth person, so maybe that's just me

• It goes by individual basis, it is hard to tell whether the girls who go out with the wealthy guy is genuine or really go after his money.
    There are many hardworking girls out there who earn their living through honest means and become financially independent. Not all girls are blinded by branded cars or money.
    If the girls are blinded by material things, it is good the guy discover them early before they get hurt deeper.

• I don't think so.
    I have my own money.
    I really don't choose guys related to finances.
    I just like educated, going place guys.
    Money is just not an issue, for me anyway.

• I do not agree with that stereotype. That is like saying guys are only after women to get laid.

What Guys Said 4

• the thought that a girl would date an 90 yo guy not able to stand on his own feet, but he has tons of money... creeps me out, really

• In the modern world women are the breadwinners. Whatever you make at Walmart isn't enticing anymore.

• The actual question is how much do guys get blinded by girls who trick them into falling in love when their in it for the money.

• Girls are easily blinded. My mom wants to marry a rich guys. She's not even a gold digger but we've gone through SO much poverty (you've no idea), I don't blame her. She's at an age where she thinks money>love. Love ain't gonna pay your bills when the eviction notice comes.