What does quality time mean?

What does it mean to spend " quality time" with someone?

If a guy says he's been spending quality time with a girl, would you say that to someone you just saw as a friend, or as someone you were interested in romantically?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think Quality Time suggests, time with someone you or that other person is interested in.

I don't think to many of us would use it in the sense of... hey me and the guys spent some quality time at the bar the other night! Just doesn't go with the term.

I am of the opinion that "Quality Time" meant that you were spending some long overdue time with a person you are romantically involved with... for instance a wife or gf... giving them some attention. I always thought of it as downtime with that person where you can talk and making headway in the relationship without interruption, etc. I guess your quality time could be a date? or even snuggling and getting back to sharing romantic moments with them. Quality time is not texting or routine stuff like grocery shopping, etc., its about making that connection again that sometimes gets overshadowed by careers, chores, sports activities, etc.,

What Guys Said 4

• Good question. Generally, It means setting aside time for a friend or a new interest. This is time used to create a bond. It could be anything from a simple conversation over dinner, or helping a friend with a project they are working on, it can be anything really. But most generally, It's giving them the opportunity to know you better as it also gives you a better chance to know them.

• It obviously a loaded term, and without being there its impossible to tell. I just wanted to add that it might be totally healthy for a guy to to hang out with other girls, especially if he's been friends with them for longer than youve been dating

• It could be either depending on how friendly he is.

• Romantically for sure. Cheers

What Girls Said 4

• quality time basically means spending mutually enjoyed, uninterrupted time with someone you're fond of. you can spend quality time with family, friends, boyfriends, etc so there really is a wide spectrum of people you can enjoy your time with. but in your case, i think the guy meant someone he's interested in since boys dont usually call playing ps3 with the guys or going to bars with friends as 'quality time' u know? guys are usually very casual and neutral about things so i dont think theyd use the term quality time for something as 'light' as spending time with someone whos just a friend.

• someone you are interested in romantically

• You're at least interested in the other person.

• Quality time means no distractions (such as phone or TV), and really listening to each other.