Is anyone else dreading Valentines day?

How do you feel when Valentine's day comes up?

I feel so worthless, unloved, jealous, bitter and think "Why am I not good enough".

I cry a lot and eat lots of chocolate.

Tell me how you feel.

• I feel crappy on that day too.
  • I feel fine.
  • I am a relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• Please do not talk like that its just another day. I am fine with it, in fact this is my first year being single after breaking up with my ex 10 months ago. Its nothing to dread and you shouldn't talk so down about yourself just because you have no one to spend Valentine's Day with. Go hang out with your friends, get out of the house and so something. Don't just sit there and pout and cry it doesn't do any good. I'm going to spoil myself on Valentine's Day. Maybe the right guy hasn't come along to you yet. I have standards and I will keep those standards until I find the right guy that meets them. In my high school Valentine's Day is overrated, we have students bring balloons, and big teddy bears, etc. I mean its just another day, so what if you don't' have anyone to spend Valentine's Day with that doesn't mean your life is over. I'm sure Mr. Right is somewhere out there for you just waiting to meet you.

• *yawn* stop trying to condition yourself not to care the fact that you're spoiling yourself on Valentine's day proves you've given it thought and it affects you. It isn't like someone reminds you it's Valentine's and you're like it is? oh i forgot! And I'm giving you a hard time because it's people like you who make other people feel like they have to condition their feelings. If she's pissed, let her be pissed, people are pissed sometimes. And then they just laugh it off. It's doesn't warrant all you're talking about in order to avoid an emotion.

What Guys Said 17

• For me it's just another day. Yeah it sucks to be single on Valentine's and it's on my mind but I don't get too down about it.

• I'll do my best to pretend it's a normal day. But it'll be hard this year since literally everyone I kno is in a relationship but me. And when I had my girlfriend everyone was single :'( so I won't be getting any texts that day. I'll probably just get drunk at night and design my next tattoo.

• Don't feel crappy. You are good enough. And don't eat all that chocolate lol. A moment on the lips and a lifetime on the hips.

• Umm it's just another day to me like every other holiday LOL

• Valentine's day is just another of the year

i'd love it if everyone could understand this.

• I dont even sweat it its just a man made day to sell sell sell

• It usually doesn't bother me, but this year im already feeling kinda bummed. I gues ill find some good comedy to watch.

• Seriously what is the big deal with Valentine's day in the U. S? We barely celebrate it here in Finland and I've never done anything special on Valentine's day.. Completely useless to stress about in my opinion xD

• Yet another day.

• Just another day that means nothing to me.

• I was married for almost 30 years but it doesn't mean a roll of beans to me

• what day is it?

• yes, story of my life

• And yet there are people who can't even eat in Africa... yet you choose to complain about this?

• Liek dis if u cro evry tiem

• I don't mind, it's just another normal day for me.

• It doesn't effect me. I don't pay much attention to the day

What Girls Said 12

• i feel kinda crappy on dat day... and sometimes i'm like meh..
    i77.photobucket.com/.../meh_cat.jpg

• i never think of Valentine's day this way. there's no need to feel that way dear. you've obviously just got standards and the right guy hasn't come along yet. :)

i got this from a really awesome writer:

somewhere out there is a man just as frustrated as you are that he hasn't met you yet. he won't give up on you. dont you dare settle and give up on him.

:)

Dear dear Mr Right,
    #iwillwaitforyou

• I use to feel like this theupstairswindow.files.wordpress.com/.../...m.gif
    Not anymore.

• Hmm don't know what to think of it. I'm seeing someone but it's not like we are dating.. Or are we 😐 fuck so confused.. I don't know, don't think I will be on GaG on that day. It would be filled with Valentine's Day posts and I'm just going to be like "OMG!! shoot me now!" 😐🔫

• honestly it only bothered me truly in highschool and college because of all the loveydoveyness all over. but these days, i just stay in on Valentine's to avoid the couples. but yes, i do feel a bit lonely on that day

• I only hated it in elementary school because people would exchange Valentine's cards or whatever stuff and since I knew nobody I basically never got any lol. Everybody traded them with everyone while I kind of just sat there lol

• My school did that at the start but then afterwards people would give stuff to their friends and I would get nothing lol

• @ihatethiswebsite aww that sucks :x we all got candy from teachers so it wasn't too bad

• Eating chocolate is good:) But don't you have a guy to treat you? If not, find some of your girl friends and go out to eat and see a movie. It's only a day after all, and its not a bad excuse to hang out with your girls.

• No, not really. I don't know why people dread the day. It will be nice to spend it witj my boyfriend this year, but every day is great to spend with him. I doubt Valentine's day will be any different lol

• I'm only happy cause i know my bday is the next day

• DREADING? awaiting the day after...
    dreamatico.com/.../chocolate-2.jpg

• Even though I'm with someone, I still hate Valentine's day. I dread it lol!

• Kind of hoping my crush asks me out before then
    i really want one of those bears from dollarama from him *-* ♡

• Yeah keep dreaming

• Hey, we all gotta stay optimistic :) He has been showing some major signs he likes me, and he is going to slow dance with me at a dance!
      Just stay optimistic, that is how you get a guy. Grouchiness and bitterness is a turn off.

• Not dreading but hope my gift isn't crappy