Why do guys act like it such a big deal to date plus sized girls?

It was one of those questions that came up among my friends together and personally I think there are a lot of pretty plus sized girls out there.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is the same as how women are not into short men. Physical beauty is the name of the dating game. Or how whites and blacks STILL do not care to match up on a regular basis. Everyone has their choices but often, the criteria we use in what kind of lovers we want are usually pretty lame.

Must be tall man.

Must have big boobs.

Must be (enter race here).

Must be blonde.

Must be very gorgeously pretty.

Must be ages 18-21.

Must be rich.

And the list goes on.

If a woman is a plus size, I think positively in that if I can lose the extra flesh, so can she. I was tipping almost 200 pounds and now down to 174. So being a big person is not the end of the world. Then again, I am much older and wiser. I will admit when I was your age, I wore the shirt, NO FAT CHICKS ALLOWED like every other horny teen boy.

Some problems just never go away.

What Guys Said 8

• They feel like they have it all especially if there pretty. For example they don't just have a corvette they have the sports package also. They feel like there real men because they got the "girl"

• There are a lot of really nice looking plus-sized women out there; its a shame most guys are so shallow about beauty.

• Thats actually really true! There are a lot of really attractive girls with a few extra pounds. One of my best friends is a bit heavy but extremely attractive. Personally, I'm just not a big guy so logistically it would be difficult. Haha Same reason I don't date girls over 6 feet. Just don't match up with me very well.

• Well, it's just that every person has their own particular preference, and then tend to choose that preference when they are able to do so.

• Only a chubby would say that. Just kidding, In this world of shallowness, consumerism, images we see on tv does not make it acceptable no wonder people are so screwed up

• I've always like girl on the thicker side.

Do guys really have problems with big girls?

• If I feel attracted to a "plus sized" girl, then I wouldn't mind. I just think the thing is that a lot of guys don't find them attractive.

• It is a matter of preference. there are some plus sized girls that I find really attractive, others that I do not. On the flip side, there are women that are size 4 that I think are disgusting and others that are hot. For me it is each individual woman.

What Girls Said 5

• Archer's post made me laugh cause I like short men! Lol. I can give you some examples of men I have dated that don't like plus sized and guys I've dated that would rather not have a skinny olive oil.

My ex husband hated overweight people. All of them. So if I gained a few pounds he made my life hell. Two of my boyfriends since have been great. They loved that I actually have a butt and boobs AND a shape, unlike a stick. Now, I'm not plus sized, but I'm not skinny either. A guy I dated in between the two serious ones was vicious when it came to body type. I didn't know how he felt until he told mutual friends very personal things about my body. And I mean PERSONAL.

Nobody has a perfect body. No one! I have had two children and am trying to get in shape. Yet I see the guys putting down the less than perfect women are the ones that really need to work on themselves. They are either too skinny or just a hypocrite in general.

Beauty is within!

And I do realize that having kids isn't an excuse to be overweight, however, it is hard to get the tummy and hips back to where they were BEFORE the pregnancies.

• There are a lot of pretty plus sized girls out there. Every girl possesses their own beauty and in turn every guy has their own preferences. Some people like strawberries, others like cherries, both are delicious, but some prefer one over the other. Any guy I've ever met that made a big deal out of dating a plus size girl wasn't doing it in a bad way! The big deal was that they were happy and proud that they found someone to make them feel complete and happy. It all depends on the person.

• Because society makes it a big deal. Guys are brain washed into thinking that if you are not a size 0-10 then you can't possibly have anything to offer other than be at the end of a fat joke.

Wise men know that the gift inside can be just as good as the wrapper. Being plus sized does not mean ugly. Gimme a teddy bear with a good heart any day.

• It's not all guys. There are some who are into stick thin girls, and there all some that are into plus size. It's just a matter of choice.

• The fact is that some guys are more shallower than other guys, it doesn't matter how beautiful the girl is on the inside or facially, guys still won't date them because of their size. Some feel embarrassed to be seen in a romantic relationship with them. The thing is if you can't see yourself kissing, hugging or doing anything physical with the plus size person without feeling awkward or grossed out than it's obvious that the attraction to them isn't there. Mainly it takes a truly good person to see what's inside instead of what is on the outside!