Is bowling on a first date a good idea?

I am going on a date and the guy said I could choose where we went and I do not want him spending a lot of money and I want us to have fun as well. So what about Bowling?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, a girl who is considerate enough to make sure that the guy doesn't spend too much money on her. Kudos to you, more girls need to think like that.

And yes, it's a very good AND fun idea! :)

• Well.. I just don't want to be one of those girls who spend his whole pay check in one night.

• Haha well on his behalf, thank you for being like that! Unfortunately a lot of girls wouldn't think twice about ordering the most expensive food on the menu or wanting to buy stuff at the store with the guys money

• Haha I was thinking of chic-fil-a for dinner

What Guys Said 13

• Wow.. a woman who is considerate about the guy paying. That is a rare treat.
    I think it is fine. It is something to keep you busy but not so busy you can't talk. keeps you together. It isn't super expensive. So seems a pretty good one to me...

• That's what I did for my first date and it was a blast... it allowed us to talk, and things got pretty competitive :D

• Sounds like fun! Go for it!

• yes it's better than the ultra-common "dinner at some fancy restaurant"

• Yes thats fine good idea

• It's fine, I hope you don't have long pretty nails.

• Yes i like the idea of bowling on first date no problem :)

• Yes, it's a great idea. You'll be able to talk, rather than awkwardly sitting together eating together, or sitting quietly watching a film.

I'm a firm believer that first dates tell you how your relationship will go as a whole.

• Great. I hope we can have fun!

• kinda lame

• Hay mk :D..

• Yeah it's a great place for a first date, personally I love bowling, it's fun and it's not awkward if you don't know what to say, so there's no pressure. And yeah it's not too expensive

• Guy asks you on a date, he better already have a plan in mind... it's OK to have a back up plan by you but you shouldn't be picking the actual plans.

Bowling's fine for a first date because it's something active. But next time, tell him or somehow show him that he has to be the one picking the date

• But he wanted to do whatever I wanted to do

• why?

• The dude got a date and the girl is happy with it. The strategy is working fine for him.

What Girls Said 6

• I think it's a great idea! Bowling is so much fun and it allows for you to be able to talk and get to know each other better while also being competitive. I'm sure he'll like the idea :)

• That sounds super fun and will give you both a ton of different things to talk about! A++

• It's a Great Idea! It's a place where you can have fun, a laugh, and also get to know each other.

• Yes a good idea, it is fun and at least better than just a meal or movie

• i actually suck at bowling but its a good first date choice

• Bowling is fun but be prepared for him to be touchy feely