Should I go out with him or listen to my friend's advice?

Long story short, I met this guy 6 months ago, he kissed me, it lead to a makeout session but I stopped it before it went too far (I'm a virgin). I introduced him to my best friend shortly after and he seemed very interested in her and not at all in me anymore, but she didn't feel the same way at all and rejected him.

He started showing a lot of interest in me again recently, asked me out a few times but unfortunately, I was busy and when I wasn't, he was. He texts me quite often now and also sends good morning/goodnight texts. He wanted to go figure skating with me this weekend and I said sure.

Now my friend says "he's a player and all the other girls must have said no that's why he came back to you, because he thinks he'll be able to get sex from you". She told me I should mention I have a boyfriend so he leaves me alone.

I honestly see no harm in going figure skating with him? I think I should be able to judge for myself if he's a nice guy or not if I go on a few dates with him. Part of me doesn't want to listen to her advice, bc I want to make my own mistakes, yet the other part of me doesn't want to get played and hurt.

I need to hear other's opinions about this, should I go out with him or listen to my friend's advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll only be played if you allow yourself to be played. Go with him, just keep your thoughts clear and take your own conclusions about it.

What Guys Said 1

• No harm in going out once. Honestly your friend just sounds like she doesn't like when you get attention.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say you'd listen to your friends advice because she does make a valid point I mean look what he did when you introduced him to her he moved on quick and easy like you meant nothing. Don't be fooled by all the attention your getting from him he could just as quickly turn around and like someone else.

• One date can't hurt. Don't let yourself to fall head over heels right away. Observe how he acts around the other girls on your date. If he's totally checking them out, he's no good. But if he only has eyes for you, best of luck!

• I think you should go figure skating with him, but really watch and see how he acts around you. Does he look at other girls, or is he really interested in you? Do a little snooping, look on his social media, poke him for information of past girls and such. If it looks suspicious, say you have a boyfriend and see how he acts!