Is It ok For a Girl to Ask a Guy Out?

So, I'm in High School and have a crush on one of my best guy friends. Is it ok for me to ask him out/make the first move, or is it best not to?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it is. Many guys are shy and/or lack confidence, so even if they like you, if they aren't POSITIVE that you like them, they'll never approach and you'll never know they liked you.

Being willing to make the first move means you are far more likely to get a guy.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes it is, and I wish more would.

• Yes it would be good for guys who are extremely shy if they met girl who asked them out

• Why won't it be ok? give it a shot maybe he's asking the same questions to himself. But be sure that he has feelings too.

• No its against the rules. Women aren't allowed to express their feelings towards men

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, it's okay to do that. I used to ask guys out, but I stopped. I wasn't my cup of tea. Honestly though, go for it. Some guys really like it when a girl makes the first move.

• There isn't a rule saying you can't most people just assume guys always ask but I have done it many times and if it ok with her jut do it!