Must I date the guy my friend keeps insisting I should date?

My friend keeps putting this guy on a pedestal; praising how a perfect gentlemen he is and how sweet and caring he can be as a boyfriend. That's great. That's really great but I don't want to date him. It's not because I'm into bad boys or whatever. I haven't even been around the dating scene long enough to have a preference yet. But I know I won't be dating this guy because if my memory serves me right, uhh he likes my friend NOT me. Even my friend has admit to me that this guy confessed to her before but she turned him down, and while knowing this I don't know why she would want me to date him so badly. Maybe I'm old fashion, I just don't think it's right knowing he has or had feelings for my friend and then try to date him anyways. I know feelings can die down but their feelings nonetheless and I try to tell my friend I'm not interested knowing he use to like her but she keeps insisting I date him. Must I date him?

He can't even pronounce my name right yet. Lol.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• No I think you're doing the right thing. And I don't know her so I can't know for sure but it seems she may have some feelings for him if she keeps talking about him like that. Keep up the good work! Would you please look at my most recent question? Thanks!