I decided to celibate?

Im 22 and sick of men. All they want is to have sex. I want a man who will mentor me, teach me about life but older men want sex also, its Always sex, sex, sex, Im ok with staying a virgin for the rest of my life because i can't find anyone to click with, or even want to find anyone i click with. I decided to celibate and i'm ok with that, no human interaction and dedicate my life to my passion which is creating art. AM i weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• I will give some tips, If you want to date or have relationship with man. The best way is to become friends with him first, and if get on great as friends, then its a good basis for a relationship. This friendzoning is bullshit in my book. I am not suprised you or most people get hurt, because you want to go out with some jerk/bitch you hardly know.

Stop pussyfooting around, and do the right thing, and thats get to know a guy as a friend first. Do not and date some moron you hardly know for 5 minutes, and they say after a couple of months I love him, which I see a lot of people do on this site. Its absolute pathique. Love does not form over a couple of months or weeks. To really love someone it takes years.

If you go about things the right way. you will find someone you truly like. But you go about rights the wrong way, then what do you expect. Another thing stop rushing things when you get into relationships, flaming take your time in getting to know each other.

• A lot of people on here, really miss the whole point of dating. Dating is not about finding love straight away, and making big plans for a big love story. Dating is about, getting know each other, and see if there are qualites you like about each other, and you both have common ground. Then you decide, whether to take it into a relationship. Dating doesn not equal relationship, its dam right foolish.

If you take your time in getting to know someone, then you won't get so heartbroken so quickly, and the risks of getting played will be slim. This what you young girls/boys need to understand.

• I suggest you grow up, because we are not living in some great romantic movie, or romantic novel, where everything works out beautiful. Its the real world, and the real world isn't always straight forward.

What Guys Said 12

• Please don't give up on men yet, you are still very young and just had some bad luck. It's one of the tough things about life trying to find the right partner. Just because of a few bad experiences don't denies yourself the wonderful experience of caring, loving and fulfilling sex. Yes you should not just have sex because he wants it and wait till you find someone who wants you and not just your body. You are probably right you need an older more mature guy to show you how good it can be. I am sure you will find him one day, but removing yourself from the possibility of finding someone means you will never experience what is a wonderful and amazing thing.
    Being artistic and like creating things means you will be a wonderful lover but it also means you will need to find the right guy to share this with good luck with your search.

• Of course you can be whatever you want to be! It's not often in today's society a woman chooses this but I would just say one thing, you will be giving up a beautiful part of life. The connection two people can share when truly in love and trusting eachother completely, unconditionally and wanting to share everything with them, even your bodies, not for selfish reasons but because you want to pleasure your partner and express in some small way the depth of what that they mean to you... In those moments, that is love, pure and selfless... And it is like no other experience on earth. For those who have felt it, we crave it, and perhaps we are too eager to experience it again and in doing so somehow taint the ideal we strive for. But there is no formula for finding the right person.

Just my thoughts

• Or you could just stop dating asholes? There are LOADS of men who want a relationship and not just sex - but you probably turned them down.

• DO whatever makes you happy. Hope you find what you're looking for.

• no you are free to do what you want. who cares about people. just get close to your god and everything will be okay.

• No, you are not weird. There are guys out there that don't just want sex. I wish you the best.

• I'll support you in whatever you do

• I wish you luck hopefully you find happiness.

• you can not be a celibate. That's not natural.

• I already am, i never masturbate, i am still a virgin, i had my first kiss just at 21 and i never had seks, if i came THIS far...

• She can be whatever she wants to be. She doesn't owe her body to anyone

• you already are not a celibate as your focus is nothing but sex.
      very soon you are going to lose your v.

• well its because whenever a guy tries to be "your type" as in a mentor/teacher of life blah blah blah... we tend to be friend zoned and seen as a brother or something. so now a lot of us show our sexual intension early so there can be no mistake on what we want when growing our relationship with another female. and in my opinion i rather get straight to the point and get action or get shot down than waste a lot of time just to be friend zoned.

• Friendzoned really means in girl terminology, they are not attracted to you. Take as a polite way of saying I don't like you. Thats all it means.

• I know what it means I'm just saying thats why when some guys have sexual interest in a girl they display that sexual interest early so they can cut the bullshit. if there's no mutual interest than no time wasted, if there is then thats great.

• Nope, not weird.

• Whatever floats your boat. Nobody cares.

What Girls Said 0