What is the worst relationship you've ever had?

And why? Can you give bad examples?

Most Helpful Guy

• It wasn't a relationship per se, but I we were hung up on each other for a while.

It all started about a month before I graduated from college. She was a freshman at a different school, but still knew each other. She messaged me on Facebook and became very flirtatious very quickly. I was pretty sure she liked me, but I'd been suspicious of two other girls before and turned out to be wrong. Anyway, long backstory short, she was dating scumbag and she'd keep calling and texting saying she missed me but didn't want to leave him. Yeah, very middle school.

Her relationship with said scumbag ended. I gave her some time to heal (he was emotionally and verbally abusive) and I finally asked her out. Things went well for a while, but then she just disappeared with no warning and for no reason. I'd call or text maybe once a day to find out how she was doing, but get no response. To be fair, she was going through difficult times with her family (I knew so), but she never said "I'm too stressed out with all this, we need to put this on hold for a while".

After a couple of weeks of that, she had a friend text me and say she didn't want to be with me. I asked her about it and she said "it's nothing". She then had another friend message me on Facebook and say the same thing. I asked her about it again and she said stuff like "I don't like you", "you annoy me", etc. The worst thing she said was "you are nothing I want in a man and you never will be". For someone who had no self-esteem or confidence during that point in my life, that kind of sucked.

Why did it happen and why did I keep going after her? People where I went to college had really weird ideas about relationships that I didn't have the confidence to just ask "what do you mean by that?" I was afraid I'd be rocking the boat and just wanted to make sure people liked me, so I went with it. I stayed because I'd been single for a long time and was afraid I'd never find anyone else or anyone better.

What Girls Said 2

• My high school boyfriend - he was clingy, possessive, jealous, and controlling. He would freak out if I ever took longer than 5 minutes to respond to a text. If he ever couldn't get ahold of me, he would then text my mom and brother looking for me. He had to know where I was at all times. One time, he actually got upset because I went to the grocery store with my mom and didn't tell him. He got jealous whenever I spent time with my friends or family. Sometimes he even showed up uninvited when I was hanging out with my girlfriends. He was condescending beyond belief and criticized everything I did, from the way I swept the floors to the way I poured syrup on pancakes.

Sad to say, that was also my longest relationship, haha. We were together 10 months before I finally ended it.

• Lying cheating abusive drunk pothead exhusband. Was always able to get high & drink with his buddies but be damned if the electric didn't get cut off every other month.

What Guys Said 2

• None really. :\
    I've never really liked talking to people.

• ah the second girlfriend I had ruined me