Girls - Did you ever pay the food bills on the first date?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• The one who asks is the one who pays. Ergo I asked my boyfriend out. So I paid. I bought the tickets to the dance, drove, paid for the food, and walked him to the door at the end of the date.

What Girls Said 12

• I always offer to split the bill. I don't make money as I'm a student and can't afford paying an entire meal for 2 but I'll always offer to pay my share. Even if I'm in a relationship. Sometimes the guy declines and say he'll pay for me as well, other times they agree to split the bill. So I couldn't really vote on your poll because I do pay but only my half.

• I've never really payed for a first date with a guy I've really liked.. which turned into a relationship. .. however I have had a few first dates where I like ok this isn't going anywhere, I insist on paying for myself, I would feel bad if he paid for me knowing I didn't want to see him again. that's only happened like twice. in a relationship though it's usually we trade off I pay then he does... I don't think it fair for a guy to ALWAYS pay!! maybe it's just me, but I also NEVER ORDER the most expensive thing off the menu especially if he's paying. I'll get something I'll enjoy but at a decently priced. I value that he works hard for his money as do I..

• No, he wouldn't let me. I tried to pay for my half as well but he told me the man should pay for the first few dates.

• I never have, but I have no problem doing so. I mean if I make more money then him for example, it would be kind of shitty of me to make him pay for me? I mean I should at least pay for myself then. Guys will offer to pay, but I never depend on them too...

• No, but I did offer, if that counts. I always offer but literally every guy I've been out with declined

• One time I paid a guy's ice cream on a date, but I never actually date a lot. I always want to split the bill, but sometimes guys really insist to pay and then you let them.

• No, I don't do that.

• Why not?

• No, I'm not kidding. I have the financial means and skills to do so, thankfully. I want to take care of the one I just may spend the rest of my life with. If I can do that and neither of us will have to work very much after age 35. :) What you are thinking is also reasonable, but I know I'd prefer something similar to that if I weren't already set in my ways. @Iron_Man

• wow your a special girl some guy out there will be very lucky to have you

• No, I offered but he insisted on paying

• No I didn't

• I paid my part. Plus That asshole showed up late

• I pay for my stuff, he pays for his, unless one of us is broke. We're both honest about it. If both of us are broke, we stay in and microwave some chicken tenders or something :)

• No, not the whole bill. I pay half.
    Some guys don't want you to do that, so I'll just slip some money into his bag or car and text him about it later.

• lol, that's new!

• I don't need any guy thinking I owe him anything and I feel very uncomfortable with anybody, even by own mother, paying for my stuff unless I'm totally destitute and need to eat or starve. I just don't like the feeling.

• That's a rare but good thinking. :)

What Guys Said 4

• I see many women are responding that they offered and the guy declined.

Firstly, I believe that most, if not all, of your offers were sincere. That being said, the reason he declined may very well be because I've personally known and I've heard women I didn't know very well say that they have offered to pay AND THEN GET PISSED WHEN HE SAID "OK." That's why many men refuse the offer. I know this is a rarity, but it does exist.

• Never had one do it for me...

• I've had that done for me.

• what? we`re supposed to pay on the first date..