How can I earn his trust back?

I've never had my trust called into question until this. I was dating this guy lightly. My ex came into the picture. I told my new guy, he said he was okay with it, but it bothered my ex, and I really didn't like seeing two people.

I didn't mean for it to happen this way but I kind of just cut contact with the new guy. I still liked him so it was hard. I meant to tell him I decided to give my ex another shot since we had history. I doubted I was making the right choice so I just ended up not doing it. My ex and I have since broken up.

We're recently back in contact as friends. I still have feelings for him, but I accept that he's moved on. He has a girlfriend but he says it's not worKing out, but he wants it to. And if he wants it to, I really want it to also. He did tell me he doesn't really trust me since I disappeared before.

We weren't exclusive, I didn't think this would hurt his trust in me as much as it did. I know I messed up, and I wish I could fix it.

This happened almost a year ago. How can I earn it back?

What Guys Said 2

• You can't. That which is dead is dead. You have a very small window of time to get things back. It would be his desperation not your genuineness that would allow for any form of faith.

• But I feel like this shouldn't have broken trust. And I've been trying to set it right.

• Can he eventually forgive me on his own? Being that we weren't in a relationship?

• He can. Is it likely? I am unsure.

• Ask him. From my perspective, you can't. You pretty much betrayed him.

What Girls Said 0