Women, would you be offended if you liked a guy, who was honest with you, but, said he is only looking for friendship or sex, not relationships?

The guy respected you, and was honest always, but was happy being single

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't be offended at all. I'd be glad that he was direct and not playing mind games or giving mixed signals like so many guys do. But I wouldn't have sex with him knowing that. I would be his friend but nothing more.

• In that situation I always try to push the woman to friendship for I know we could share something meaningful, and me look after her feelings too. Sex, always looks attractive but can get complicated

• Thanks for most helpful :) I may be a tiny bit upset if I was really into him and seeking a relationship, but I could get over it.

What Girls Said 84

• As long as u dont wait to tell her after u had sex, of if your not vulgar about it

• No, always polite and respectful, and would never have sex with a woman, then say that, it is disrespectful

• Kind of yeah. It would be like getting to know someone and really liking them and then they say "look you're really nice, but all I really want is to fuck you whenever I want, and when I don't feel like fucking you I don't want you around because I'm not looking for a relationship... sry breh"

• It wouldn't be like that, it would be more, me admitting to the lady what I want from ladies before she even said she liked me. I would never use a friend

• I guess you could get straight to the point like that, but it might be hard to get a girl to go along with it.
      And I think I would still be a bit offended if a guy I just met said he only wants to bang me..

• It wouldn't be like that. It would be us hanging out as friends and just talking what we want from the opposite sex, with me admitting i only want friendship, or sex

• I'd prefer that. It'd allow me to hurry up and look elsewhere and not waste my time on him.

• Honesty before actioning anything is the key.

If i liked him, i wouldn't have sex with him (or resist not to haha) because that could potentially make me MORE emotionally attached which is the last thing i want. i would not want to be his friend either, not because i can't be with him, but because i will be leading myself on.

However, If i didn't like him, then i wouldn't have considered sex in the first place, and would rather keep him as a friend even though i know he is trying to find no-strings attached relationships out there. as long as its not me who he will be doing that with, i will not judge, its his business.

• As long as you're upfront about it, no I wouldn't be offended. A little bummed, sure, but I'd at least know the boundaries and be able to make a better educated decision on how I wanted to pursue the friendship or casual sex.. whatever it is.

• I wouldn't be offended but I also wouldn't be interested

• Omg you are every girls dream! HAHA. honestly this is the best possible situation a girl could ask for. I'm not gonna lie and say that I wouldn't be a little disappointed cuz i liked the guy but I would have so much more respect for a guy who would be completely honest about what he is looking for instead of just trying to spare my feelings. It always hurts more in the end when a guy isn't real about his intentions.

• Nope. I would admire your honesty. I wish all guys would do that. Would save us a lot of questions here on this site, and save us a ton of heartache.

• To be honest, this situation has happened to me just about... every time I've liked a guy. I'm never offended by a guy who is upfront about his intentions, I respect that. But it hurts to be honest. If it were just one guy, maybe it wouldn't be so hurtful, but when every guy you like does it... it makes you question yourself.

• But, it wouldn't be directed against you, it would be more about me being a relationship phob'

• Thanks. :) Perhaps I won't be so pessimistic one day. Haha. ^^

• yes, just be open to any situation, be guarded around guys for most are after just one thing when they are you. And, most of all be patient

• I wouldn't exactly be offended, but I just wouldn't give him the time of day.
    If he wants to go out and act like that then fine, but I won't be willingly used.

• i cannot see how he would be using you. He would just be honest in his intent

• I cannot say I have ever used anyone in that manner, I will partake with the willing, but, never use. And I would never disrespect a female friend in that manner

• …. okay? you don’t have to explain yourself to me

• I wouldn't be offended. You can't force someone to look me you more, or want more.

I had a lust crush, but he was very honest and respectful. We do sleep together, but we both know that neither of us want an exclusive relationship. While I will only sleep with one person at a time, he is open with me about the other girls he does, for health reasons. I respect his decision, and he respects me in return.

• I am just phobic of relationships, most women are offended by this, but, then placated by my honesty over it, and respect

• I do believe that is the same with mine, lol. But then, he is also young, 27 in July. If he ever tells me he wants more, I'd consider it, but I'm not holding my breath. If he ever tells me we're done, I'll respect that. As I said, I can't force someone to want more (nor do I want it anyway), and respect and honesty is the way to go. Some people just get way too butt hurt over things they can't control.

• very true, you are a wise woman

• The only way I would be offended would be if he lead me to believe there was something more going on. I'm all for having guy friends - I don't have a problem with that. I would have a problem if we had sex then to find out you only wanted to be friends or a FWBs. Of course, I'm not the person who is interested in having casual relationships so I would definitely find out before engaging in sex if this were going somewhere.
    I just think it's best to be CLEAR about your intentions instead of sending mixed signals. That way you won't get blamed for leading someone on and you can weed out girls who are looking for relationships instead of something casual.

• Not at all. In fact, I would respect him for being straight with me. However, I would be offended if he sent mixed messages, gave me the impression that he did want a relationship with me and then got into one with another woman (that has happened to me before).

• No. I would respect a man more, because he's being honest & doesn't want to waste the woman's time... He must value her to say that, because if he didn't, he'd just be stringing her along & using her for sex...

• Nope. I'd be glad he told me before I got invested. I don't do friends with benefits so it would also be nice to get that off the table right away. Honesty is always the best policy

• I would not be offended by his comment because he was being honest. Although I would rather have a relationship than anything else. I think you have to have a strong friendship before you can move forward with anything. So maybe if you start it out as a friendship, it could build into an amazing relationship. But some guys just want to have sex and I don't want to be associated with guys like that. It just has trouble written all over the entire situation.

• No I'd appreciate the directness, I'm a female who just went into a ' just sex ' relationship and was just myself , pleasant, funny, and loved the sex and had the guy throwing " this is just sex " at me every 5 minutes until I was bloody annoyed. I knew that but then HE started showing me pictures of his kids on FB and his grand kids and offering me a job and wanting me to go around the country and saying he loved me when he got drunk ( which I ignored as alcohol ) but at a BBQ with his friends they were making jokes at him being " Forrest Gump " ( my name is Jenny and FG is famous for saying I love my Jenny ) and I thought uh oh is this guy in love with me? Then I thought Ok if we move the goal posts could I be in love with him and I thought it was possible and we had a conversation where we agreed we didn't know what ' this was ' we weren't going to label it and if it ain't broke don't fix it. So it had morphed into something but he was then trying to back track back to ' just sex ' which you can't do once you 'go there'. So I got some crazy text last week that he was stopping seeing me because of the relationship I wanted ( when it was him ) and lets be friends - subsequently he has sent a do not contact me - delete my number text. So if you do go down this path have very clear parameters of what is going on and don't cross boundaries. I was in ' just sex ' mode but I still liked the guy. He was building a relationship with me - which won me over to crossing the line. But I still made no demands ; made booty calls and left - it was working for me - but it stopped working for him because he got feelings and got mixed up and ruined it pretty much. I think if boundaries start to blur there has to be a 'conversation' but in our case that didn't even help. The irony is if he had been talking to me ( and not hiding behind texts ) we probably could have sorted it out.

• Nope, sounds extremely reasonable t'me. Being honest and upfront about what you want is a good thing.

• I would not go near the guy.
    I have no interest in such a relationship and I would by no means be offended. I'd be glad he was honest with me and I'd appreciate it. =)

Guys who cover up what they want, or worse lie are despicable. Thank you for being honest mister. ^^

• I've been in the situation and I wasn't offended. People clearly get offended over stupid things. I was pissed when I slept with him, he disappeared off the face of the earth, blocked me off everything and got a girlfriend. (y) #guys

• I am sorry for you being mistreated like that. I think in any relation with anyone you have to have respect for yourself, and them. Honesty in words, and backed by action is the basis of that

• I love a Man who can be faithful to a FUCK BUDDY!! Fuck Buddies are the best!!! No expectations except great SEX, and who doesn't love great SEX!!! When strings get in the way, the fun goes out the window and you have to conform to what the other person wants you to be.. Individuality is the most important factor in sexuality because if you can't be yourself at all times, then you are never yourself.. Freedom to be honest in a relationship is the most rewarding because when you can be honest, all your needs can then be met.. If a Man is telling you everything you want to hear, you can bet he has anterior motives because no man is perfect no matter how bad he wants to be.. Neither can a Woman... It is ALWAYS best to take time to get to know anyone and that includes (safely) FUCKING for months or years in order to grow into that thing (LOVE) that is unbreakable...

• Nope I wouldn't be offended in the slightest I would appreciate his honesty as its a trait many men seem too be forgetting these days, as long as he's not lied at first and led me on of course and I would be happy too be his friend as long as he knew nothing of a sexual nature would be happening

• I think that's great! I had a friend tell me this. I loved his honesty. We decided to stay friends as I am an old fashioned kind of girl.

• If its upfront stating intentions such as 'im looking for dating and sex but not a relationship' then yes i would appreciate that. I would rather know to begin with so i know what the boundaries are rather than thinking 'ooh this could go somewhere' when there is no potential. There is nothing wrong with honesty... definitely the best policy in this situation!

• It depends on what I as a woman look for in a guy. I wouldn't be offended, but if I wanted a serious relationship, I'd not 'waste my time' seeing someone who doesn't want the same. I had several instances like that. We ended up being friends, but it didn't last.

• I wouldn't be offended, but it would be harder if had feelings for the guy and had slept with him already, then he told me. Would you have sex with her if you knew of her feelings for you were stronger than yours?

• no, i wouldn't sleep with her if I thought i might hurt her. I would impress friendship on her

• If I liked him platonically, I'd be happy to stay friends. If I wanted a relationship with him, I think a little quid pro quo would only be fair - he's honest about his intentions, I am honest about mine and we part ways amicably. That's how a mature person would do it, isn't it?

• I think I would be open to whatever you wanted, but, at the forefront of my mind would be that i value you as a friend and would not do anything to jeopardize, or complicate that

• Nope, I wouldn't be offended. I would admire him for his honesty and appreciate that he tells me directly what his intentions are and what he wants out of the relationship. Although, I wouldn't do anything sexual I would want to be friends just because it's very rare to find someone that direct and honest.

• No, I wouldn't be. But if I like him and could imagine him as my boyfriend, I would be disappointed and would want to stop seeing him since I wouldn't want to like him even more. But I would appreciate his honesty very much and would not be offended. I might even like him more for being an hinest guy in fact.

• I would be disappointed if you left my life, for i would be a great friend

• I like honest guys.. have been told by few guys who I liked that they just wanted a fling on day 1 and trust me I respect them way more than the ones who I ended up liking and who played mind games with me because I invested so much emotions into the whole thing only to find out at the end what the guy was looking for. Be honest whatever it is and the girl won't blame you later on!

• I am always honest, and as a rule women respect it. I guess the only reason they might be upset with me is because I have such a dim view of relationships

• More from Girls
    54

What Guys Said 2

• Best way to go about it, no question. Saves feelings down the road from people getting confused or unclear about things.

• You did the right thing bro.