Exclusiveness: is killing the new relationships?

Years ago there wasn't such a thing like having to agree on being exclusive. In the moment you started dating you were exclusive. People felt safe that the other person wasn't seeing other people while dating you and still not being in a relationship. Does the 'not exclusive till we agree to be ' is an evolving? I don't feel so comfortable by this whole thing. This of being free till both agree to stop being it. Is like you feel the pressure of seeing other people because you assumed that other one does. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I could barely stammer out how I felt to the woman I'm with now. I'm probably the last person on the planet anyone needs to worry about cheating.

I don't understand "open" relationships. The only guy I know who tries juggling multiple women at once invariably gets dropped by them.

What Guys Said 2

• I think being exclusive is healthy for the relationship. As long as you both agree and are honest about being exclusive. I don't feel any pressure to see other girls if I was or once I am exclusive with a girl.

• I'm saying that the fact of having to agree to start exclusiveness is what is killing the dating. Should be something implied.

• Yeeeee, well i don't wanna sound like a terrorist and all but more free you are, more you are open to this kinda complications as a society. It's about how people perceive things, not the previously determined right or wrong

What Girls Said 1

• I feel the same way you do. I told my boyfriend from the beginning when we first started dating that we were going to be exclusive. I am not into him dating other people nor am I into me dating other people while dating him. That's not my thing.