Isn't being a single 25 years old woman pure hell?

I guess I just want to vent, and also see if I'm not alone in this situation!

I just turned 25 a week ago and I have now been single for 4 years!

I have a good career, good family, I take care of my appearance, have lots of friends, not amazing beauty, not ugly, I am healthy, I have hobbies like cooking, reading, fitness...

I can't seem to find the right person.

I am not into one night stands I had 2 in 4 years and every time I get very hurt afterwards even if it's very good in the moment. So I just don't have sex at all and it absolutely sucks.

I did have a lot of dating experiences, I even tried online dating but the guys I have met I was not attracted to in person or they seemed like total players who just wanted to have sex, not interesting.

I am a very stable person and I take care of myself and people around me, but it seems like I just can't find a good guy my age who is mature and takes care of himself.

I am so forever alone and SO tired of the same old "how come are you still single? you are beautiful, fun, smart blabla" It just brings me down even more.

I feel like an alien in this world of clubbing-tindering-onenightstanding young adults.

Anyone else ever felt this way?

Thanks for reading

Most Helpful Guy

• The happiest times in my life have come when single. Find peace and happiness with yourself and then you can find more with someone.

• thank you

• You are very welcome. I wish you the best.

What Guys Said 10

• Hell, try being raised a gentle man and a nice guy, who had wonderful hygiene, average looks, happy most of the time, try to be confident, makes people laugh, down to earth personality, smart, a true friend, church members say i should be pastor, tons and tons of people want me to be a mentor to them, and mostly being myself, to only hear, dont worry you find the right person. and its been 10 freakin years. try to be friends and take it slow its like im friend zoned, take t too fast its like im out for sex, do on the slide, im a perv. shit im fucked either way. i'll still wait though. i have my flaws but none shouldn't keep me single this long.. but i am. so i just gotta work it, plus tell me what you look for in a man in whom you call "the right guy"

• intelligent, ambitious, has a passion in life, sexy, funny

• true tha, true tha. I hear certain females say they have to connect with the guy emotionally and mentally to be the right guy.

• this is essential i think :)

• First of all, chin up! Everyone feels this way at some point.

Best thing to do is relax, and let yourself enjoy other things in life. Relationships are great, but you have to cradle them with gentle hands--if you clench your hands hoping to grasp onto one, it will slip through your fingers. Don't put pressure on yourself.

And I'm sorry about your negative experiences, not fun.

However, actionable advice is always best! So, here's a link that may be helpful--click on the sub-links too:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q333048-do-girls-really-have-to-party-in-order-to-get

Hope that helps ;)

• i agree i thought for so many years i was an extravert because i love people but big events and going out all the time drains me because i feel like i am making only empty connections

and i so agree with how when you finally meet someone you click with the link is strong, maybe its why i can't handle one night stands too

• oops wrong post, thanks so much for this i will read it

• Haha, no problem, enjoy the read ;)

• not as bad as being a single guy at 25 coz your turned down by every girl and when you do get accepted your compared to the last asshole

• Ten years older, same boat.

• do you think its harder as an introvert?

• Omigodyes. Dating is all about putting yourself out there constantly to new people and being social with them. Which is like the exact opposite of what an introvert actually wants.

That's why we cling so desperately to the few people we do click with, so as to spare ourselves that exhausting bullshit.

• *sorry posted on the wrong person**i agree i thought for so many years i was an extravert because i love people but big events and going out all the time drains me because i feel like i am making only empty connections

• Well I'm 24(which is pretty much the same as being 25) and I think it's worse being a single man in his 20's.

Why? Because girls in their 20's are extremely shallow when it comes to money. Guys in our age group are rejected by almost every girl. It's a shame really.

• Am I shallow? Because I think about money often. I guess that's why I'm single. Don't get me wrong though. I'm not a gold digger or anythint. I just don't like the guy paying for everything. I like to contribute in on the date too but with lack of money (bills, bills and more bills) I rarely go out. Just like now, I'm holding off a movie date with this guy because I don't want him to pay for me. I want to have the money first before going to the movies with him.

• Thinking about money and requiring money are two different things.

It obviously makes sense to think about money and wonder how you're going to pay the bills. It makes even more sense if BOTH people in the relationship hang out. I'm referring to the girls in our age group who refuse to date guys who aren't loaded with money. There are too many of them.

• I'll be 22 in a few days and I've always feel single. Sometimes it's a little depressing but normally it doesn't bother me

• I am single @ 23... and have been single since i was born... what do think about that?

• I'm sure you'll be fine, if you are as good a catch as you imply

• thank you, sometimes i think im just too different.. i prefer a weekend with 1 or 2 close friends doing sport and cooking more than big events and parties with tons of people and drinking etc

• well there's lots of people like you out there... myself included

• Let's hangout online.. Follow me first. Will catcha there

• That is a familiar feeling. Hope you find your Mr. Right.

• thank you just knowing there's other people feeling this way helps

What Girls Said 8

• It sounds like you're leading an awesome life. Congratulations!!! I think there are a lot of men and women in a situation like yours (ours XD) and that's okay! Either start taking a look at older guys or just keep doing what you're doing and maybe you'll meet someone. I think it wouldn't hurt to try and get out a little more. You have to see people to meet them! You can go out to things you like and still meet fun people. Maybe you can find a club to join?

I'm seriously starting to think the "clubbing-tindering-onenightstanding young adults" are a media myth because I don't know anyone like that. At all. But we always hear about it? Sounds suspicious~

• Interesting! My entourage is actually full of these type of people and young colleagues too... I will work on meeting people more like me/you ! Haha

• Lol! One of us. One of us XD

• It's only he'll if your end goal is to be in a relationship, It is frustrating.. I used to be sad about these things too.. now I'm 27 & tbh I could care less. I want to enjoy my hobbies, time with my family and friends, and work on myself professionally. Plus nowadays I wouldn't want to date a stranger... too much risk, it's scary.. to get into a relationship with someone who could be a murderer :-s

• I know what you mean, I'm in the same boat. Don't worry, it's better to let things happen naturally. You'll find a guy :)

• it's more frustrating when you're single and in your 30s

• " I feel like an alien in this world of clubbing-tindering-onenightstanding young adults." Me too :/

• Its no big deal. I've been single for 3 years after a long relationship. im not really used to this, but i learnt to deal with it

• Absolutely pure hell, can't imagine anyone ever having had it tougher than you.. -.-'

• http://youtu.be/pAyKJAtDNCw
    You're not alone 😢 lol jk

But yea, you're not the only one. Online dating is like you describe to, most guys are just there for sex. Singlehood sucks 👎