GAG: Would you date anyone who thought that using the N word was acceptable?

I would not. I don't like the word nor do I use it. i understand some people do. That does not mean that I don't mind it. I find it disrespectful since it's a racial slur.

Most Helpful Guy

• No not at all.
    In the UK that word is just completley unacceptable.

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on it being entirely contextual.

If somebody thought that it was okay to call a black person a n***** with racial hatred as their intent, then no, i wouldn't date them.

If however somebody thought it was okay to say 'sup my n***** ' to a friend, regardless of their colour then i wouldn't think any less of them.

Words only have their power once we give them context. Yes, particular words do have very dark history's but, using n***** as an example, they also have very recent history's where their meaning has changed.

• I don't think it is matter how it is used. Either way it is wrong. I would think the person would be old enough to know what and what not to say. Also probably learn some new vocabulary. Words can hurt even if you don't want them too.

• This is something that annoys me, the only thing that can be racist is a person and words are just often the tool for doing so. Like i said, its all about context in my view. I dont think that anyone can be 'accidentally' racist by saying a word, they have to have racial intent while saying the word.

• Well :) it's your view

• nope
    same as people who say "the N word"
    all that is, is making the other person think of the word anyway lol just avoiding a degree of responsibility

• I'd probably date a black girl who used it, and not a non-black girl...

I'm not sure if that's reasonable or not.

• Lol. I am black and I don't even use it. I cringe every time I hear it, lol. Don't put up with it just because the girl might be black.

• I can see your logic and admire it.

But I wouldn't reject someone who I liked and was compatible with and was hot because she called some of her friends that.

I'd probably feel more odd about her throwing it as an insult in specific scenarios.

• :) it's still nice hearing other views even if they aren't like mine

• well why not if she's hot?

What Girls Said 3

• I'd rather not, no. It wouldn't really personally affect me since I'm white, but I still think it's wrong to use it.

• No. Hearing it always jars me a bit.

• Nope definitely not. Instant turn off.