Would you date a guy that lives with his parents?

He's and adult with a job, can have his own home/flat and doesn't have any money issue but he's living with his parents because he wants to take care of them and emotionally attached to them. Would you date that guy?

He's an*

Most Helpful Guy

• Some girls will and some girls won't. It's partly understandable if she doesn't but only if she herself doesn't live with her parents. If the girl lives with her parents and won't date a guy who does (which happens a lot) she is not worth dating and is only looking to use a guy for what he as and not date him for who he is.

With that said, if she lives on her own I feel she has a right to prefer dating a guy who doesn't as well. She may not wish to deal with potential curfews and being stuck dealing with a parent's rules around the house and all that stuff. I know from experience how annoying it is dating a girl who lives with her parents. Many parents are overbearing.

Just be sure to look for the reasons why she won't date a guy who lives with her parents. If she just gives generic nonsense answers that don't really explain why, then she's just looking to use a guy for material gain. Many girls look for guys with places and slowly "move in" by leaving small things behind until they eventually just don't go home or if they do, only go home once a week and such. It can start with a sleepover then suddenly she leaves a toothbrush there and some clothes and within a few months suddenly she's getting dresser and closet space. In reality, they don't care about the guy at all and just want to get away from their parents.

In your case it sounds like you're taking care of family. If your situation is that you're taking care of relatives who may have a condition or are really old, they should see that. If anything, consider it an opportunity that allows you to get to know a mature woman who will see the positive things of your situation (caring for family, being supportive, etc). This will also weed out the girls who would potentially just be leeching off of you. Those girls typically look for instant gratification so if they see that they'll have to actually put effort into a relationship with you they won't be interested.

What Girls Said 22

• Yes I would :))

• I'd marry a guy who lives with his parents (common in my culture and religion) but not date cause its not allowed in Islam

• I would rather prefer him over those who don't live with family.. Becuz if he cares for his family he will surely do the same for his girl.

• Yes, I would and I wouldn't if he was just being a potato at home then I wouldn't. Sounds like a good man right there. :)

• Good guy. Yes, because he cares about his parents. These kind of guys are great boyfriend material I guess.

• You lost me at emotionally attached.

• I didn't mean anything more than he loves his parents like how any son does :D

• Yes. I live at home myself

• Yes i would. I'd admire him for wanting to be there for his parents. You can tell a lot about a persons character by how well he treats his family.

• Yeah. As long as he isn't planning to live with them forever & is willing to move out eventually.

• I have before and I would again under reasonable circumstances

• Yes, sure I would! That's not a big deal, and it's sweet. He needs to get all his time in with them while he can.

Heck I live at home too! :p

• I would date him and honestly i don't see any problem with that if he want to live with his parents or he's own home that's his choice and i should respect it.

• Sure. I don't see a problem with that.

• Yes. It is normal to live with your parents until you get maried.

• This guy sounds like he isn't even ready for a relationship. He has a lot on his plate already.

• How isn't he ready for a relationship?

• He works and he comes home to take care of his parents. I would assume the parents aren't at the age where they are able to take care of themselves. That's a lot to handle if that's the case.

• Nope, he's just her for any help they need. They can be fine without him but he appreciates the ones who raised him.

• I would give it a try if i really liked him, but honestly that's just too much.. i need a man to take care of me and me of him and it's not going to work if he's living there.

• Selfish mudda effort lel

• Well if he's planning to eventually move out and start a life that is fine, but if he plans to live there until they pass away and expects me to move in their house, i just wouldn't want to live that way.

• its not being selfish, what girl wants to come second in a mans life if she plans on spending her life with a man and making their OWN family together?

• Mmmm nah. I need a man that can be away from his family and pursue one of his own with me. Only cause my family isn't close So that may be why I feel that way.

• yes. i would date him. but i will want to have our own home as we plan our lives together.

• Definitely yes that's a good point how important his family for him 😊.

• Of course I would date him.

• Wanting to take care of parents and emotionally attached? No. Married a guy like that. I was never first, as a wife should be (and they were healthy and able)
    Parents are supposed to push you to be a man, an adult, an individual in the world. Not stay home and take care of them. They should want to see you do and become great things. Meet a girl maybe get married. They shouldn't allow their kid to do that.

• Sure, I like people that care about their family.

What Guys Said 10

• That's a very Italian thing to do.
    I suppose in some cultures that's ok where family are very tightknitted.
    Like say... some middle-eastern countries , Italy , Spain , Catalan , Greece the lot but in other more progressive countries it'll be seen as kinda weird.
    Such as in the UK , the US , Canada , Germany , France , etc.

So the answer is , it depends.

• I always wondered what's wrong with that.

• +1 on quoting interstellar

• I think now you know why people from "explorer" nations are not impressed by the actions of people from "caretaker" nations.

• doesn't sound like a bad guy at all, assuming he would get his own place eventually if the right girl came along.

• Illusive Man touched on it perfectly. That's a very Italian thing to do (as in, living in Italy... not necessarily Italian culture). Nothing wrong with it, but I can understand why a lot of people don't dig it.

99% percent of the reason why I don't want my own place is because rent is such a waste of money. Money that I already don't have. At least with a mortgage you're building ownership in a piece of property. Rent is just giving money to someone else who can throw you out almost any time they like.

I'd rather receive rent than give rent any day!

I'll stick with my tent in the backyard for now.

• I think most reasonable girls would, unless you're a deadbeat and doing nothing with your life.
    Why waste money on rent when you could save money and help your money by staying home. Rent and houses are too expensive now...

• I would most certainly date a woman like that. If she's financially stable, but still wants to support her family, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• No because I don't date fellow fellers lol.

• this is a double-standard i really hate

• generally depends on the woman

• LOL at all these women saying yes. What a load of croc. I bet they would have a different opinion if he didn't have any of those things?

• Falls into the category of what women say vs. what women do. Yes, it's a problem.