How do I break an old datee off for a new one?

So I've been dating this girl for about three months, and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I feel that she's leading me on and just likes the attention. We talk every night over IM because she isn't local (but isn't too far away either). She seems to be busy a lot and it's a struggle to find a day where we are both free... I mean, we've met up three times in three months.

I'm thinking... If I were to find someone else who I would find to be a good girlfriend for me, how would I cut off the person who I think is leading me on?

By the way, me and this girl have never talked about us getting into a relationship or anything of the sort, but conversation is very cheeky and flirty.

What Girls Said 1

• Oh gee... I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I think you two need to have "a talk." Ask her where you think your relationship is going. 3 times in 3 months isn't a lot, but her reasons for being unavailable may be valid. If you talk to her (either by Skype or in-person, NOT over IM), maybe you can get a better sense of her interest level. Other girl or no other girl, I think it's important you give this girl a chance to prove her commitment and don't just dump her out of the blue. Would you please look at mine? Thanks! www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1312996-was-it-more-about-me-or-the-parents

• We always use Facebook messenger to talk, she uses it on her phone. I think Skype would be weird, but I'm not sure why :|

• I just recommended that so you could see her authentic facial expressions/reactions/tone of voice, not possibly misinterpret her typed words.

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like you've made no real commitment to her. Just tell her you're dating others but there is still nobody as special as her in your life.

• I think I've made it obvious I'm interested but she hasn't. I'm just wondering if I should stop wasting my time on her if she's not interested and look elsewhere?