Rejected because I'm Asian?

A friend of mine asked this guy that I met at a party if he would go to a school dance with me. The guy said he didn't want to. Later another friend asked him why he wouldn't want to go with me, and he said it was because I'm asain and a lot of other girls like him. I am very hurt, even though I didn't really like the guy I just needed a date. What do you think about this? I'm afraid that most of the other guys I know think the same thing. I'd also like to mention I'm a cheerleader, I'm popular, smart, and people tell me I'm cute.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well he might be a racist but he could also simply not be attracted to Asians. You can't blame someone for not wanting to go out with someone they aren't attracted to. Either way, just don't let it bother you. A lot of guys like Asians, ask someone else. Maybe your friends will have some ideas for who would make a good date?

• Most guys at my school prob wouldn't want to date "the asian"

• If you're as cute as people say, you're probably wrong. Unless it's a conformity thing. I would be fine dating an Asian if she was cute, though it isn't my first preference.

What Guys Said 12

• Don't take that too seriously, the guy is a jerk. I personally love Asians. I don't know, there is something about them. Some are just so cute. I have quite a few friends who love Asians too. It's too bad that were i live we don't see many though :/ Don't worry about it, if people tell you you're cute, it must be true, and other guys will like you believe me :)

• fuck that racistic asshole. try find some other gy who doesn't give a shit about races, and accepts the fact that all girls no matter the race are equal

• a few people are not going to like you because your are Asian but a lot of guys will like you because you are Asian. so who cares about the people who doesn't.

• Well I guess people will just have to find a puzzle piece that match then

• He's not attracted to Asians. It sucks but remember that you don't find every guy in the world attractive either.

• It's still a pretty shitty thing to say and I just wanted to go as friends

• Silly for him to say that. his brain is obviously not matured enough to understand inner beauty is the permanent seal of attraction. Obviously he does'nt know you. There are many guys that are nice & wouldn't say such things. If there's any consolation at least he spoke from his heart & you know what he's truly like.
    Your destiny is somewhere else I feel.

• He isn't necessarily racist cause of that cause when it comes to relationships everybody has preferences.

• Happens to me allllll the timeeeeeee

• Yeah you are an Asian and be proud of it, donĀ“t let him discourage you. Obviously he is racist and by been like that he is missing out the beauty of appreciating the diversity of humanity.

• people have preferences. guessing he was white? most people prefer their own race.

• thats messed up
    answerm ine

• And I get rejected nc I'm black all the time. It hurts ik. People say it doesn't matter but it does. Even people on this site after seeing me comment saying they imagined me with blonde hair or something and never reply again. Even if we have been talking for a while

• he is not racist, he is just not attracted to you.

usually guys go out with girls they are attracted to.

he is just not into you.

• I just wanted to go with him as friends. It's not like I was asking him to marry me.

• because he is not attracted most Asian girls.

• i am not attracted to most Asian girls, i usually don't go out with them.
      i am a huge fun of Bruce Lee.

what makes me a racist?

What Girls Said 5

• Why would you give a shit about people who are racist and clearly not good enough for you if they have that attitude.

• Beauty is subjective.
    Just because others think you are cute, doesn't mean every one will.
    I know the truth hurts but the fact of the matter is not every one finds
    Asians attractive.
    Some people prefer other racial groups or their own.

• Since he is a racist u r fortuante to discover this now. Keep a distance from racists. It is his loss not yours. Gross boy

• Everyone has a preference. I know many guys who would love to date an Asian girl. Dont let that incident bring you down.

• I want someone to want to date me for who I am not because all they see is my race

• Of course. If a guy really likes you then he likes more than your looks. My step mother was Asian and she was very nice. My dad has always been attracted to women with black hair but he was attracted to her personality too.

• Eh, get used to it.